I guess I've been lurking

thebestskibum

Supporting Member
I thought I was a member tried to log in today... but that must have been Jeep forum; Anyway now I’m a member here. I’ve owned my 2004 wrangler since 2010, I bought it with 23,000 miles and no mods. The Jeep has been an evolution, here is some poser shots from a trip to Moab in may:

4C70AF19-71E2-4F0E-B14F-FC152BBEA90B.jpeg

B1FD6FA2-6C54-426A-A552-018A2D59FC11.jpeg

Last edited:
That's one hell of a nice looking Unlimited! Great color, outboard shocks, highline, half doors, Moab wheels, etc.

Is that airbag suspension? Only other person I know with that is @Wildman.

What lift is on it?

@Starrs, chem out this one!

Reactions: Wildman and Starrs
It’s actually a stretched 93” to 108” I added 15” back in 2015. The suspension is from Off Road Only but this year I’ve added my own modifications with 14” travel shocks and I’m working towards custom bump stops for on road and high speed off road driving I’ve put the rear in the same location as the oem shocks...

Yep same setup as mine.

14" shocks o_O I was figuring I was doing good with 12" of travel.
Nice looking Jeep. What are you doing for the front to get bump stops there?

I was thinking I would cut the frame above the axle and put the can there then fab up some sore of pad on the axle side. However because I have the banks turbo I’m going to have to move the cans back or angle them. I’ll probably start working on it again in the winter when it’s cool and some of my house projects are done. I like the Airock, I’ve had it since 2014, but I feel like it needs a better solution for bump stops. That being said I understand it would be incredibly costly to sell a kit with custom bump stops & fabrication...

Reactions: Wildman
I've had my AiRock system since 2005. But I only got about 5 years of driving the Jeep and then it was parked for 9 years.
Just started a rebuild of it this spring.

I've had my AiRock system since 2005. But I only got about 5 years of driving the Jeep and then it was parked for 9 years.
Just started a rebuild of it this spring.

I looked through your build, that's a lot of work, good for you. It's a bummer about the leg and purple heart. I put the Savvy Mid Arm on last March. It works pretty good with the AiRock but I did end up swapping out the upper JJs for the Metal Cloak Duraflex....

Last edited:
I looked through your build, that's a lot of work, good for you. It's a bummer about the leg and purple heart. I put the Savvy Mid Arm on last March. It works pretty good with the AiRock but I did end up swapping out the upper JJs for the Metal Cloak Duraflex....

When you get a chance could you send me some pictures of how you setup the height sensors for the lower links? Why did you change your upper JJ's out?
Thanks. Look forward to reading about your TJ.

Sure, I drove it to work today so I will take some when I get home... I drilled and tapped the frame, it was really easy.
I swapped the bushings because, like Steve(Red) told me the "can't make it" will happen, the JJs don't self center.

Here ya go:
CF803F65-7261-4CE2-A0C8-D75352F780DC.jpeg
83F736D6-1299-43AD-AD26-090A409865F0.jpeg
DA811E97-9366-463B-B5A1-1A179F71D2A4.jpeg
22D0805E-8A02-47AF-B79E-A260FFC0B561.jpeg

I didn’t really clean up the old control arm mounts too much because I was getting sick of lying on my back...

Sure, I drove it to work today so I will take some when I get home... I drilled and tapped the frame, it was really easy.
I swapped the bushings because, like Steve(Red) told me the "can't make it" will happen, the JJs don't self center.

I appreciate this. It will give me some ideas for how I can mount mine.
O.k.yes the JJ's don't self center so for my frame end joints I went with some from Clayton Off-Road.
I had a Nth Degree longarm on my Jeep before so the way the height sensors mount is way different.