I hate my 2005 TJ steering wheel

Airjunky

TJ Enthusiast
Took me about $10 & 30 tedious minutes to make steering wheel look like shit.
With the cruise control and air bag in it, I didn't see many other options.

IMG_20181227_191828921.jpg

IMG_20181227_201901721.jpg

Fonz54

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I got two out of a XJ and they fit
The ones out of the WJ did not
I picked them up for less that $100 each, with the better one I got for about $60 plus shipping

The one out of the WJ might fit yours-I am not sure when the design change was but if it will fit yours you can have it for what I paid for it-- its darn near perfect
Got any pictures of the wheel installed on your TJ?

pagrey

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I used a $17 cover I got from Amazon. It took a good 1.5 hours to stitch it on. It wasn't fun, but when I was done it was well worth it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I think it turned out OK.
You did a great job on that. It looks like it tucks under the spokes too which I like.

Reactions: RobertJ

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
For a solution that isnt custom and expensive Redline offers an “off the shelf” solution.

Ship your wheel to Redline, they will knock it out for you with a 48 hour turnaround.

Reactions: pagrey

RobertJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
You did a great job on that. It looks like it tucks under the spokes too which I like.

Thanks. I did have enough material to tuck it under the spokes with an upholstery tool, and I am like you and felt like that was something I had to try to do. It looks a lot cleaner.

BlueFl.Wrangler

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Got any pictures of the wheel installed on your TJ?
This is one of the two I got out of the XJ's- they are exactly the same as my year TJ
As I said, the one out of the WJ would not work straight up- electronic connections ( clock spring ) were much different, & the airbag was different- I wish it would have fit cause it was like new. If someone decides to find out if changing the clock spring would work with the WJ wheels- that would be sweet-- Especially since that would mean one of those Overland wheels would probably work also- I REALLY like those

steeringwheelreplace.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54

NashvilleTJ

I miss the snow...
Supporting Member
Some guy in Poland does recovers on Cherokee wheels (it's the same wheel as the TJ and he provides the wheel) for not a lot of $$. Mines black nappa leather slightly thicker with white stitching. Very happy with mine.

View attachment 155539
Daz, I knew that down where you are the steering wheels ae on the opposite side, but I did not know they were also upside down...

;)