I have mostly settled on my build road map

I can affirm the GY MTR wear unevenly. They also don't play well in the rain. Mine didn't at least. I prefer the Cooper's so far.

🤔

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/goodyear-lt265-75r16-tire-duratrac-312018027/_/R-DVFB-312018027

This begs the question:

Which is more important

A) 31.5” vs 34” -or-

B) E load rating vs C load rating?
Well, size tire and load are doing two different things. C load are right for the weight of your TJ. The E load will be way to stiff and make for a rough ride.

A smaller tire will give more onroad performance due to them being closer to ideal gearing. A larger tire will give better offroad performance due to ease of rolling over objects. I don't know what your'e trying to accomplish overall, but if you get a 15" wheel you can find lots of 31", 32" and 33" tires with a load range C, and a few 35's. Any of those would be good combinations.

Reactions: Neil Sears
Well, size tire and load are doing two different things. C load are right for the weight of your TJ. The E load will be way to stiff and make for a rough ride.

A smaller tire will give more onroad performance due to them being closer to ideal gearing. A larger tire will give better offroad performance due to ease of rolling over objects. I don't know what your'e trying to accomplish overall, but if you get a 15" wheel you can find lots of 31", 32" and 33" tires with a load range C, and a few 35's. Any of those would be good combinations.

I’m trying to find the best tire for my specific needs (driveability on road, often hundreds of miles to my destination plus good snow grip as I have a cabin in the local mountains) that will fit TJ Moab’s.

At this point I’m have no real desire to switch to a 15” wheel.

You could run 265/75r16 it's 31.7 tall, the general grabber x3 and duratracs both run in load c in that size and keep the stock moabs. With that size you could skip the BL and MML. I was going to do this but ultimately went with 285/75r16 MT MTZs in load E as I wanted the larger size for off roading. It rides ok down the road but I wish I had the sidewall flex of a load c tire. I run about 26 psi.

Reactions: Neil Sears
You could run 265/75r16 it's 31.7 tall, the general grabber x3 and duratracs both run in load c in that size and keep the stock moabs. With that size you could skip the BL and MML. I was going to do this but ultimately went with 285/75r16 MT MTZs in load E as I wanted the larger size for off roading. It rides ok down the road but I wish I had the sidewall flex of a load c tire. I run about 26 psi.

Thanks. The 26 psi with the 33” Duratracs seems to be the way a lot of the Toyota guys go.

I even have this as the path on my build list above.

Seems to me Goodyear is missing a big market here :(

I was going to make the “why is everything always about you” joke but I don’t know you well enough yet.

So with that in mind: Why, a bummer for you?

Haha! No worries.

Because I run 35s and I absolutely love the Duratrac from the years I used to have them in 33”. However, since they don’t make a true 35” in a C load range, I am stuck with other tires. That load range makes a huge difference in ride quality.

Haha! No worries.

Because I run 35s and I absolutely love the Duratrac from the years I used to have them in 33”. However, since they don’t make a true 35” in a C load range, I am stuck with other tires. That load range makes a huge difference in ride quality.

Road or Off Road ride quality?