I have plans this weekend!

Well Done. I'm not sure I agree with doing on your back, though, but if it worked for you, Eh, who cares. 6 nuts to release it from the transmission, plus pop the linkage...I need to drop mine. The Input shaft seal is leaking...again. Must be I nicked it last year when I changed it...

Reactions: ac_
Well Done. I'm not sure I agree with doing on your back, though, but if it worked for you, Eh, who cares. 6 nuts to release it from the transmission, plus pop the linkage...I need to drop mine. The Input shaft seal is leaking...again. Must be I nicked it last year when I changed it...

I have removed them before, and you are right I am not sure if it saved anytime doing it on my back, but I would definitely see the benefit if you have a lift with a cart. I mostly did it because @bobthetj03 asked me if I was going to, and I wanted to see if I actually could. As it turns out you can.

A little tip about the shift shaft seal. It is not really a seal, it is an oring held in by a collar which is held in by the actual lever. I tried to dig mine out but was unsuccessful, so I ended up removing the rooster while it was apart so it was cake. It might have been easier had I removed the TC as you suggested, but in the car it seemed impossible without taking it apart.

Reactions: bobthetj03
So another update!!

I drove my Tj to work and back today 25 miles and it was smooth, no issues amazing what a SYE does. Neither of my pinions are even lined up. My rear pinion is low and my front is high, but you wouldn't know it to drive it. I do have my adjustable cas to put on it, but the weather is getting hot, and I am half tempted to not use them because it does ride so good I am not sure it can get any better. Nah I am going to put them on, but I will probably take ma a couple of weeks because I am enjoying driving it, and I know it will take me a few days to install the ca's and front ZJ steering and the airbags. 110 degrees is nothing to play with. Supposed to get that hot this weekend.

Anyways, as usual I will take pictures, and post progress.

Reactions: lowranger
From what I've found out after getting some tips from Blaine, the front pinion seems happier higher, and the rear pinion happier lower, so sounds like you're sitting pretty for the most part.

Reactions: ac_