I have to brag...

I'm not certain but I think it's only a QT2. Like I've said before what your looking for is the gem of commanders. Everybody who knows about these wants what you want.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. Which makes you think they would have made more in that configuration to begin with... LOL!

Yeah I wonder how that full time 4x4 system on the Commander compares to the old school system in the TJ.

Yeah I wonder how that full time 4x4 system on the Commander compares to the old school system in the TJ.

I haven't done in serious off-roading in my Commander for a few reasons. The #1 reason is that I bought it for my wife and she likes it to remain dent and scratch free. It has the metallic black paint and it's just downright gorgeous. #2 is because even though it's a very capable off-road vehicle, it serves as my wife's daily driver and taking any vehicle off-road is asking for shit to break. #3, well, I have an LJR if I want to go get dirty! :)

I drove over 700 miles over the last few days with my wife, my son, and my two daughters in the Commander. As cheesy as it sounds, I honestly feel a sense of pride when driving my whole family across the great state of Texas, comfortably, in a Jeep. I can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather be in when taking long trips like that. The full time 4x4 kept us safely planted in the pavement even on the frozen roadways. It was about 10 degrees with a windchill of -5 degrees. The Commander not only has dual climate controls for the front driver and passenger sides, it also has separate AC controls and vents for the third row seat passengers. On top of that awesomeness, the front and middle rows have heated seats.

With the factory remote start, before I even loaded up the family in the Commander it was nice and warm inside.

Oh, and the factory upgraded sound system is a must. It has Boston Acoustics speakers that sound tremendous all throughout the cabin.

Along with the remote start, it's also got remote rear lift-gate and remote rear window opening... so if you want to be able to access the trunk area but for some reason don't want to open the entire lift-gate, a click of the button on the keyfob opens up the rear window.

Oh, and of course it has a great backup camera. The resolution isn't wonderful like on newer vehicles but the screen is huge and it has the rear backup sensors that beep more rapidly as you approach something behind you.

I'm buying a neat canbus box that you connect behind the stereo that allows you to watch movies and have full access to the stereo functions when the vehicle is moving. It even allows more cameras to be installed and the modified interface looks completely stock. You can activate the rear backup camera whenever you want. I'm going to totally leave it in all the time when driving. The newest version supports wireless airplay mirroring even! I think it's called AllGig from NavTV. I'd look it up but I'm too damn tired. It's around $300.

Not once have I been in a situation where I wished I had the QD2 instead of my QT2. I mean sure it's cool to have and if I had two Commanders with similar mileage/condition and the QD2 was only a few hundred more I'd go for it but it was never a make me break deal for me. After doing a little research I learned that with the QT2, for a little cash you can make it way better than the QD2.

The middle row seats fold down flush, all three separately. I normally keep the middle seat on the middle row folder down and the third row passenger side seat folded up for my son to sit in. That leaves the driver side third row seat folded down which gives me all the room I need for loading up luggage or groceries, stuff like that.

They've gone down in price since I bought mine. If I remember right, I paid $26k for mine but it was Chrysler/Jeep CPO and in mint condition. There are still several out there priced very similarly but I really doubt they're going to be CPO warrantied.

If you do get one let me know and I'll give you the guys info that sold me my extended Bumper to Bumper Chrysler warranty for over a thousand odd (at least) than what the local dealers were asking for. If you land one with under so many miles you're also eligible for a lifetime Bumper
To Bumper Chrysler warranty. I've got two payments left and it paid for itself the first time
I used it.

Reactions: Chris