I have to brag...

Awesome, good to know it would be a 5-10 minute fix as oppose to removing the entire headliner and sunroof assembly. Had to do that on a previous vehicle and it's a pain in the ass type of job, usually takes a few hours.
No you just pop off some panels in the door jam and then cut the tip of the nipple off the drain tip on both sides and then blow the tubes out with compressed air.

Reactions: Chris
No you just pop off some panels in the door jam and then cut the tip of the nipple off the drain tip on both sides and then blow the tubes out with compressed air.

Ahhh, it's the drains that get clogged, huh? That seems to be common on several makes and models of vehicles, because it happened on my BMW as well and the solution was the same.

I like the price of these things too. They obviously don't hold their value like the Wranglers do, so the prices are very reasonable!

Ahhh, it's the drains that get clogged, huh? That seems to be common on several makes and models of vehicles, because it happened on my BMW as well and the solution was the same.

I like the price of these things too. They obviously don't hold their value like the Wranglers do, so the prices are very reasonable!
They used to. But now the price has dropped big time. Except for the south they stay fairly high.

They used to. But now the price has dropped big time. Except for the south they stay fairly high.

Yeah, I'm seeing them for around 13k at the most. Average seems to be around 8-11k depending on trim level and such.

A JKU on the other hand is like 30k minimum for a Rubicon model of the same year!

Yeah, I'm seeing them for around 13k at the most. Average seems to be around 8-11k depending on trim level and such.

A JKU on the other hand is like 30k minimum for a Rubicon model of the same year!
Yeah they are alot cheaper than a JKU. And as capable if not more capable than one.

Yeah they are alot cheaper than a JKU. And as capable if not more capable than one.

Yep, that's really cool. This is like one of those hidden Jeeps that I didn't even know existed.

I thought it was just another fake Jeep (you know a Fiat / Chrysler with a Jeep badge on it) that was only meant to look like it could go off-road.

Yep, that's really cool. This is like one of those hidden Jeeps that I didn't even know existed.

I thought it was just another fake Jeep (you know a Fiat / Chrysler with a Jeep badge on it) that was only meant to look like it could go off-road.
Haha yeah in my old forum I used to follow there was about 6 different guys that every time they went out everyone was surprised how it could hold it's own offroad.

Haha yeah in my old forum I used to follow there was about 6 different guys that every time they went out everyone was surprised how it could hold it's own offroad.

Yeah, that's very cool. I see all these new Jeep Cherokees, Renegades, etc., and they look like pretend off-road vehicles.

Yeah I agree. And the commander is also a really good daily driver. I have a hard time deciding between that and my tj.

The only reason we need a daily driver other than the TJ is because of the two car seats for the kids, and we always have a crap ton of stuff with us like kids toys, groceries, etc. The TJ just doesn't have enough room any way you look at it.

The only reason we need a daily driver other than the TJ is because of the two car seats for the kids, and we always have a crap ton of stuff with us like kids toys, groceries, etc. The TJ just doesn't have enough room any way you look at it.
Yeah with the 3rd row down you have a good amount of cargo space. But if you ever use the 3rd row the cargo space is about like a TJ. Lol almost non existing

Yeah with the 3rd row down you have a good amount of cargo space. But if you ever use the 3rd row the cargo space is about like a TJ. Lol almost non existing

Right now we have a Honda Odyssey Touring minivan, and we never ever use the 3rd row (which is funny, because my wife was insistent on having a 3rd row, which is why we bought it). So I doubt the 3rd row would ever get used, but I guess it's nice to have it just incase you need it.

@Chris the QDII's have a badge below the shifter that says "QuadraDrive II".

The Overland was discontinued in 2009 so the 2010's best build is the Limited. If you find a 2009 Overland, then consider yourself lucky.

I would not worry as much about whether you're getting QD2 or QT2 as much as I would about making sure it's an Overland or a Limited. I'd really recommend a 2010 Limited HEMI 4X4 with the sky view package, tow package, and VES rear entertainment package. If you find one with QD2 then that's great but I wouldn't disregard a great condition low mileage 2010 with QT2 as long as it had all the good packages. QD2 is the tits but QT2 is very capable of handling anything you throw at it.

But for real, good luck on finding one that's in good shape with low miles. People that have these vehicles tend to keep them till the wheels fall off because Jeep doesn't offer anything that even comes close to it anymore.

Check out http://xkjeeps.com for more info.

This is a seriously valuable reference chart and completely reinforces my statement about sticking with 2009 but preferably 2010 models. Just look at how many problems the 2006's had. Ouch. Here's the chart:

http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm

Last edited:
So I should ideally be looking for a 2009-2010 model then, yeah?

I'm not in a hurry, so I'll take my time looking for something clean.

No issues that I know of. @badlieutenant probably could give you any info if they have any issues. And the sunroof leak I've fixed on both of my commanders takes a total of 5-10 minutes

Hah! @Chris when I first took delivery of mine, I wanted to fix the sunroof leak issue immediately. I took the trim pieces off only to find that it had already been fixed! I bought it from a five star Jeep dealer and found out when I got there that it belonged to the service department manager... needless to say, it was very well taken care of.

The only issue we have had was that the AC went out. It was covered under my warranty, which is good, because it's a $2000 job. They've got to take the entire dash out.

Yes. Do not settle for anything other than 09/10 but preferably a 10. The only reason I'd get an 09 would be if it was an Overland.

Okay, I'll keep a mental note of that.

Yeah, I don't see ANY 2009-2010 models for sale locally, so I'll have to just keep my eye on it.

Obviously it has to be a Hemi if I am going to own it.

It looks like the Hemi in the 2009-2010 model has 30hp more than the previous Hemi. Wonder what they did to improve the hp numbers by that much.