I have to brag...

I've seen one guy with a limited commander with 2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires go up trails a jk rubi on 35s couldn't make.

Seriously? That's amazing...

Do they have a third row? You guys are really making me think I might have to start looking at one of these for the family rig.

Seriously? That's amazing...

Do they have a third row? You guys are really making me think I might have to start looking at one of these for the family rig.
Yeah like @badlieutenant said they are seven seaters but the 3rd row is only confortable for children. Me and the wife both love my Commander and I'm trying to convince her to get rid of her compass for one. Haha

Reactions: Chris
Ahhh, that's it. I'm going to start looking at ahem I Commanders now. This seems like it would be a great family vehicle that still allowed us to go off-road if we needed to.

Ahhh, that's it. I'm going to start looking at ahem I Commanders now. This seems like it would be a great family vehicle that still allowed us to go off-road if we needed to.
In that case, I would look for a limited with either the hemi or the 4.7L with tow package (has better gears) the green one I posted the owner has over 226k and it's an 07

In that case, I would look for a limited with either the hemi or the 4.7L with tow package (has better gears) the green one I posted the owner has over 226k and it's an 07

Do I want a limited or an overland model? Not sure which one is the higher end model. Also, which one comes with the QDII, since it sounds like that's the best option as well.

Do I want a limited or an overland model? Not sure which one is the higher end model. Also, which one comes with the QDII, since it sounds like that's the best option as well.
Overland was the highest except for the last year or two then it was just a limited. I can tell you this. Trying to find a hEMI with QD2 is going to be difficult.

Overland was the highest except for the last year or two then it was just a limited. I can tell you this. Trying to find a hEMI with QD2 is going to be difficult.

Really? Well, I wouldn't be in a hurry or anything.

How can you tell if it has QDII? Is there something to look for visually?

Really? Well, I wouldn't be in a hurry or anything.

How can you tell if it has QDII? Is there something to look for visually?
Easiest way is between the shifter and cup holders there will be a plaque that says quatradrive 2. And you can check the rear axle, it will have 12 bolts. The qt1 and QT2 has 10 bolts

Easiest way is between the shifter and cup holders there will be a plaque that says quatradrive 2. And you can check the rear axle, it will have 12 bolts. The qt1 and QT2 has 10 bolts

Ahhh, that's what I'll look for then. I figure if I am going to look at them I might as well wait until a fully loaded model comes along.

Like I said, not in a hurry, but this seems like it would make a great car for the family.

Ahhh, that's what I'll look for then. I figure if I am going to look at them I might as well wait until a fully loaded model comes along.

Like I said, not in a hurry, but this seems like it would make a great car for the family.
Yeah if I didn't get rid of my truck so fast I would have waited a little longer, bum I'm satisfied with what I got.

Reactions: Chris
See we keep wanting something that can carry the entire family reasonably well (two car seats plus the two of us), but still go off-road when we need it too (so we can all have fun as a family without being packed in a tight space). It would seem like a JKU would be good for that (which it would), but a JKU is just prohibitively expensive. This Commander sounds like it could hold it's own off-road, and I like that it reminds me of an XJ in terms of looks.

Reactions: StG58
That one is. If you look right below the shifter. There is a black plaque in the woodgrain. That is where it says quatradrive 2

I thought maybe that was the plaque you mentioned. Very cool, maybe we'll go look at that one then!

See we keep wanting something that can carry the entire family reasonably well (two car seats plus the two of us), but still go off-road when we need it too (so we can all have fun as a family without being packed in a tight space). It would seem like a JKU would be good for that (which it would), but a JKU is just prohibitively expensive. This Commander sounds like it could hold it's own off-road, and I like that it reminds me of an XJ in terms of looks.
Yes and if you put a small lift 2.5 to 3.5 you can put 32s and it will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. Oh and their amazing in the snow expecially the QD2

Yes and if you put a small lift 2.5 to 3.5 you can put 32s and it will handle pretty much anything you throw at it. Oh and their amazing in the snow expecially the QD2

Nice to know, snow would be a huge plus as we're always going to the mountains and looking for snow to go driving in that is a little off-the plowed roads.

I still miss my XJ, but the downside to the XJ was that it's just to tiny to be a full on family car. This Commander looks much bigger.

I thought maybe that was the plaque you mentioned. Very cool, maybe we'll go look at that one then!
Yeah its it. And if you haven't noticed I know Alot about these vehicles. I've researched these for years now, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh and if you get one I can help you fix the sunroof issue.

Yeah its it. And if you haven't noticed I know Alot about these vehicles. I've researched these for years now, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh and if you get one I can help you fix the sunroof issue.

The sunroof issue, haha! Sounds like you'll be my go to guy if I get one.

With the Hemi V8, is there anything particular to watch out for in terms of the engine / transmission? i.e. do they have any known issues with them?

The sunroof issue, haha! Sounds like you'll be my go to guy if I get one.

With the Hemi V8, is there anything particular to watch out for in terms of the engine / transmission? i.e. do they have any known issues with them?
No issues that I know of. @badlieutenant probably could give you any info if they have any issues. And the sunroof leak I've fixed on both of my commanders takes a total of 5-10 minutes

No issues that I know of. @badlieutenant probably could give you any info if they have any issues. And the sunroof leak I've fixed on both of my commanders takes a total of 5-10 minutes

Awesome, good to know it would be a 5-10 minute fix as oppose to removing the entire headliner and sunroof assembly. Had to do that on a previous vehicle and it's a pain in the ass type of job, usually takes a few hours.