I hope you future JL owners have a lot of money...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Here's some official JL pricing from the dealer. All I can say is that if you plan on buying a JL, I don't envy you at all. I'll stick with my TJ :p

25659899_10210953414566450_2304171941376035327_n.jpg

I’m not that surprised, since it’s a Rubicon.

Wonder what the cost of a sport will be?

Probably around 35k, then more depending on what options you want. So a Sport that is spec'd similarly would likely end up being 50k instead of 55k.

Reactions: StG58
I pity anyone that wants a new SUV these days. What's the ticket on a new 4 runner TRD PRO?

We looked at those once. I want to say they are like 55k fully loaded, maybe even a bit more. It's absolutely ridiculous that people would pay that much for a vehicle IMHO.

Reactions: JMT
It's out of control!

Inflation and materialism and keep up with the Jones' mentality is taking over.

Reactions: Reign Mack
Agreed, it's nuts! Can't imagine having a $1K a month car payment.

I agree! I mean technically you could put half down and pay $500 a month... But that's still ridiculous. Anything over $300 a month for a car payment in my mind is too much.

It's out of control!

Inflation and materialism and keep up with the Jones' mentality is taking over.

Agreed! It seems to get worse-and-worse as the time goes on. I hear people are trading in (or selling) their JKs left and right for one of these JLs. I mean why? The JK is just fine... Like you said, it's a "keeping up with the Jones' mentality".

Reactions: MikeM and cliffish
New cars are expensive...doesn't matter what it is. Even a Basic sedan is creeping toward 30K. My truck stickered for 54. Its insane. All the government mandated stuff give the mfg an excuse to raise their prices every year.

The shocking thing to me is that there isn't much of a difference between the MSRP and the employee plan price....2500 bucks? That's only like 5%!

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris
I agree! I mean technically you could put half down and pay $500 a month... But that's still ridiculous. Anything over $300 a month for a car payment in my mind is too much.

Like you said, it's a "keeping up with the Jones' mentality".

The JL is way "Jeep-like" than the JK. and so, if I buy another jeep it's going to be the JL.
(I bought a '16 Renegade - sigh :() because only the JK model was available at that time.

If it will be another TJ in my garage, my wife will be pissed. :)

Reactions: Chris
Everybody out here leases so they can be in a car they never could afford to buy. They all live on the payment, that is the way the sales person approaches you by asking where you want your payment to be? I have thrown more sales people for a loop when I respond "tell me how much the car costs, not what the payment is"...usually get a blank stare.

Reactions: JMT and UpperMI
Everybody out here leases so they can be in a car they never could afford to buy. They all live on the payment, that is the way the sales person approaches you by asking where you want your payment to be? I have thrown more sales people for a loop when I respond "tell me how much the car costs, not what the payment is"...usually get a blank stare.
A friend of mine has shit credit...like high 5s. Anyway he is leasing a 2014 JKU sport with 33s and a small lift for around 580 a month. Can't remember how much he had to put down either.

A friend of mine has shit credit...like high 5s. Anyway he is leasing a 2014 JKU sport with 33s and a small lift for around 580 a month. Can't remember how much he had to put down either.

And they wonder why they have a garbage credit score...I buy all my cars at about 1 year old with low miles, take a 3 year note to pay it off quick. Let the first owner take the huge hit on depreciation.

Americans live in debt. Keep buying and prices will keep going up. Some people just have to have new! I have a co-worker that gets a new truck every 2 to 3 years. Why?!? I've owned 2 vehicles in my lifetime. Having NO vehicle payment is a very great feeling. Even better feeling when I ask friends what their payment is and they tell me 500+ YIKES!!

Reactions: egclassic and JMT

Makes sense. See, I’m the opposite. I won’t buy a car unless I can pay for it outright. That limits my selection of course, but I value the freesom that comes without having a car payment. Even if that means I have to drive an older vehicle.