I need help finding the right bumper

Ejforan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ok so ive been looking for the right bumper for my 98 but i cant seem to find any quality items that would work. Im thinking of one that isnt like those stingers or anything id prefer it to have that bar that sorta looks like a pretzel part to be low down or not there at all and most importantly one that would have good places for my 7” kc fog lights. Whatever products you guys have would be a great help to see the best brands for bumpers.

people tend to like dirtworx
Capture.JPG

Reactions: BigLJ
Yeah
ok so ive been looking for the right bumper for my 98 but i cant seem to find any quality items that would work. Im thinking of one that isnt like those stingers or anything id prefer it to have that bar that sorta looks like a pretzel part to be low down or not there at all and most importantly one that would have good places for my 7” kc fog lights. Whatever products you guys have would be a great help to see the best brands for bumpers.
X2 to checking out this thread: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/lets-see-your-front-bumpers.11119/

Also, post a picture of your Jeep and we can get an idea of what might look right for you...and what type of Jeep are you building it to be? That all makes some kind of difference.

Metalcloak's Frame-Built bumper will pretty much allow you to build one with the stuff you want on it
http://www.metalcloak.com/TJ-LJ-Most-Popular-Frame-Built-Jeep-Bumpers-s/251.htm

here's a pic of the one I built for my YJ
View attachment 44147
In my personal opinion Metalcloak is great with making things sound unique or better than they are with phrases like "frame built" which is nothing unusual at all. That's just how the front bumper is made, to fit over the frame ends. They're all built around the frame up front, so is my Savvy and so is even the factory design.

Reactions: Chris
Those are some great threads i will look through them when i have real time but @EJD im looking for a jeep that will be a daily but still offroad capable and as long as the bumper can fit 7”kc fogs and is easy enough to put a winch on when i buy one also here is a front viewits not the best but i think youll get the idea its still a stock bumper i dont want anything too bulky

8B256D2C-C085-4D92-8DD7-29109DF59D22.jpeg

Seems like the stock bumper you already have with a winch plate and winch would meet all of your listed requirements.

Reactions: JMT
Seems like the stock bumper you already have with a winch plate and winch would meet all of your listed requirements.
Yes but im not a fan of the such small of a thing i want one of the dirtworx one with a low profile hoop and the dirtworx one is on my list i just want to explore my options

Those are some great threads i will look through them when i have real time but @EJD im looking for a jeep that will be a daily but still offroad capable and as long as the bumper can fit 7”kc fogs and is easy enough to put a winch on when i buy one also here is a front viewits not the best but i think youll get the idea its still a stock bumper i dont want anything too bulky
Well the good thing, is you know you want to integrate a winch at a later time, so you can focus on winch bumpers. Like I have a aftermarket EAG Classic TJ bumper with their winch plate on top. I like it but if I could do it again, I would go with this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797T1XQ6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

In my personal opinion Metalcloak is great with making things sound unique or better than they are with phrases like "frame built" which is nothing unusual at all. That's just how the front bumper is made, to fit over the frame ends. They're all built around the frame up front, so is my Savvy and so is even the factory design.

Marketing Buzzwords!

this is an Olympic bumper with a grill guard. You can get the bumper separately of course. It's 3/16" welded steel, about twice as heavy as stock. This is the full width 57" version. They also have a 50".

001 (2).JPG

We just installed a ProZ Premium Rock Crawler (51-0037) from Auto Anything on our Grandson's 2005 Unlimited. Fit was right on. We do get (6) new 1/2-13 x 1" hex head bolts to use.

When I was researching bumpers, I contacted Robert @ Dirtworx. He will work with you to make the bumper the way you want it. No hoop, smaller hoop, winch plate or not, no problem. It's not a one size fits all bumper, unless you like it as is...

Reactions: Equilibrium31
When I was researching bumpers, I contacted Robert @ Dirtworx. He will work with you to make the bumper the way you want it. No hoop, smaller hoop, winch plate or not, no problem. It's not a one size fits all bumper, unless you like it as is...
Id expect prices can range but whats a general price for a mid size sheet steel one

DW bumpers are rectangular steel, shaped and welded. This one is $219 + shipping (2 bumpers' shipping is the same as 1, that's why I got both).

http://www.thedirtworx.com/product-page/front-bumper

If you leave things off, like the hoop, the price goes down. If you add things, like a winch plate, it adds cost, I just don't know how much. Robert can tell you.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Squatch
DW bumpers are rectangular steel, shaped and welded. This one is $219 + shipping (2 bumpers' shipping is the same as 1, that's why I got both).

If you leave things off, like the hoop, the price goes down. If you add things, like a winch plate, it adds cost, I just don't know how much. Robert can tell you.
Ok so i went and emailed him about it just a second ago to see how it works and everything. The metalcloak ones that you guysbhave said above are looking good too. Now to decide!

Reactions: Matsonian

Dirtworks makes a good looking Jeep bumper. Simpler is better, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTboosted