If you think your having a bad day

well pulled the o2 sensors and it ran better. so time to order cats. but while driving it up the street with sensors out it melted the line for the clutch master cylinder ! DAMNIT 🤬

Never done that before...

IMG20230719174245.jpg

-Mac

If it makes you feel any better @tr21triton, I fixed my fuel pump and then camshaft position sensor the other day on my Jeep. I was driving my car for work tonight and it started chugging and cutting off. Pulled out my code reader and guess what? Camshaft sensor is bad on the car. Made it home slowly from 15 miles away. Maybe I'll drive my wife's WJ tomorrow and see if the CPS goes bad in that too. SSDD. :cool:

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better @tr21triton, I fixed my fuel pump and then camshaft position sensor the other day on my Jeep. I was driving my car for work tonight and it started chugging and cutting off. Pulled out my code reader and guess what? Camshaft sensor is bad on the car. Made it home slowly from 15 miles away. Maybe I'll drive my wife's WJ tomorrow and see if the CPS goes bad in that too. SSDD. :cool:

1. You're working again. That's awesome - congrats!
2. You may need to sync the cam/crank sensors. See here. If you read through that long thread, there are some cheaper code readers available that will perform the sync function other than the expensive DRB III.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Honestly, sounds like a slightly off day. Don’t mean not to empathize. Hang in there. Relax and go one day at a time. Life can throw a lot of curveballs. 👍🏼

Last edited:
1. You're working again. That's awesome - congrats!
2. You may need to sync the cam/crank sensors. See here. If you read through that long thread, there are some cheaper code readers available that will perform the sync function other than the expensive DRB III.

Thanks. I used a Mopar sensor, and my Walmart code reader barely reads the codes. I'm guessing it would run like crap if they needed syncing. :unsure: