I'm finally moving

On a semi-related note, does anyone else smell 2008 coming back right around the corner to crush us into oblivion again?

For those that are swapping one over-priced house for another it probably doesn't matter much, a lateral economic move, but for those jumping into the market for the first time however this could be catastrophic with another few million mortgages suddenly under water when the bottom inevitably falls out...

It doesn't seem we learn all that much from the past.

Or am I just a pessimistic fuck?

On a semi-related note, does anyone else smell 2008 coming back right around the corner to crush us into oblivion again?

For those that are swapping one over-priced house for another it probably doesn't matter much, a lateral economic move, but for those jumping into the market for the first time however this could be catastrophic with another few million mortgages suddenly under water when the bottom inevitably falls out...

Are you Nostradamus? I think you are Nostradamus.

Louisiana is my guess

EDIT: I see it's Arkansas. The people there are going to be really different. LOL. In a good way I imagine, but they can be some rednecks in them parts.
I went to Arkansas once. Man I was glad to be back in the United States when I left.😊

you will love the pace, it’s an outdoor lovers state , and I really like the property you got.

Last edited:

I 100% agree with you. It does seem like at any moment shits gonna hit the fan again.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I sent to Arkansas once. Man I was glad to be back in the United States when I left.😊

you will love the pace, it’s an outdoor lovers state , and I really like the property you got.
I knew a guy who refused to even get on a plane if it was going to fly over Arkansas.

Congratulations, very nice setup you're moving to.

Not sure how it is in AR, but around here, they (realtors/locals) are sick and tired of the west coast folks moving this way. They are selling their overpriced west coast houses and outbidding by big $$$, local people because they can. Prices have been sky rocking because of it, realtors don't even want to show a house unless you have "at least" an extra $10k to throw at an offer. It's nuts up out here, we have had a lot of manufacturing move here as well, plus we have Ft. Campbell right, lots of moving parts around these parts.
I didn't even have to look at your location to know you are Tennessee.

I think this will be much, much worse than 2008. Think, hyper inflation, supply shortages and sky high interest rates=collapsed economic times. Think more 1920’s.

It’s one reason to be on some land, have no debt and prepare for the worst.

I think this will be much, much worse than 2008. Think, hyper inflation, supply shortages and sky high interest rates=collapsed economic times. Think more 1920’s.

This is what I am picturing is going to happen as well.

Think, hyper inflation, supply shortages and sky high interest rates=collapsed economic times. Think more 1920’s.

Were interest rates low during the depression?
Were there supply shortages during the depression?
Was there high inflation during the depression?

If you have hyper-inflation what is the risk of having debt, aren't debtors generally lucky with higher than average inflation rates?

Or did I mis-understand the reference, it it more a general "the sky is falling" like the 1920s and not really a reference to any real economic event?

Yeah and that is 1hr or more outside of the city. I live in a valley outside of downtown Vancouver and for a 1/4acre lot, 2400 sq ft house, built in the 90s, you are paying $900k
Holy Crap!
I know NY SUCKS but wow
we moved from a 3600 sq ft house 10 yrs ago(40 miles from here)
its just the wife and i now and the jeep hound.
We now have a 1500 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath on 30 acres and paid 80k cash for it
it had a 36x20 garage by the house and a 20x30 horse stable out back
on the great lakes shore with great outdoor activity's ie atv/snowmobile trail just off our property great boating, fishing, hunting etc
all like you one hour roughly from two larger cities

Holy Crap!
I know NY SUCKS but wow
we moved from a 3600 sq ft house 10 yrs ago(40 miles from here)
its just the wife and i now and the jeep hound.
We now have a 1500 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath on 30 acres and paid 80k cash for it
it had a 36x20 garage by the house and a 20x30 horse stable out back
on the great lakes shore with great outdoor activity's ie atv/snowmobile trail just off our property great boating, fishing, hunting etc
all like you one hour roughly from two larger cities
yeah I hate the city. We are closer to all the trails and camping corridor where we live now, and intend to buy a house. Is what it is, to live in probably the nicest areas in the world (bias :D )

Reactions: 04solartj
yeah I hate the city. We are closer to all the trails and camping corridor where we live now, and intend to buy a house. Is what it is, to live in probably the nicest areas in the world (bias :D )
except for the politics of new york state this area is one of the best in the state
not near as nice as your location by far but still covers most seasons well
and the best supply of RUST for vehicles around ..
OH yeah and NO OFF ROADING IN NY (legally) except private and very few club lands

Reactions: LieutenantJohnson
Finally leaving this state of Kalifornia. The Jeep will be put on my trailer this weekend and my road trip starts on the 29th. a 3 day drive and I will be in my new state, county, town and home. I've was born and raised in this state and this day couldn't have come fast enough.

BTW, this is my new place. It sits on almost 5 wooded acres and has a 900 sqft heated and cooled shop. I think I can handle it :p

Edit: Maybe by the style of the house you can guess the state.

View attachment 260716

CONGRATULATIONS.....
I am sure the move hasn't come soon enough...
I have a friend that moved to Arkansas about 12 years ago...
He told me the first thing he invested in after building his 2000 sq ft shop was a 220V 10 KW generator due to the power outages caused by storms...

I bought a house in Florida and moved from Commifornia the beginning of January.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your move! Central and north Arkansas is an outdoor lovers dream. I'm a little above you in Missouri. The prices these guys are talking about blow me away. We are on 33 acres with a clear flowing gravel bottom stream, 1200 sq ft with the same footage finished basement, 3000 sq ft shop with two thirds of it climate controlled with two central heat and air units for a fraction of what some are talking about.

Last edited:
Were interest rates low during the depression?
Were there supply shortages during the depression?
Was there high inflation during the depression?

If you have hyper-inflation what is the risk of having debt, aren't debtors generally lucky with higher than average inflation rates?

Or did I mis-understand the reference, it it more a general "the sky is falling" like the 1920s and not really a reference to any real economic event?

You mis-understood the 1920’s reference.

High interest rates keep people from borrowing, spending and investing. This will stagnate the economy and in turn, jobs will dry up in many industries. We are already seeing this in retail and soon, construction. Here contractors have stopped building projects. The land behind my home was bought and setup for 80 homes to be built. They were supposed to start last month. I know the developer and they aren’t going to risk building at this point. He invested tons of money and is fearful of losing it. He’s parking his properties. Everyone I know is moving things and also putting money into tangible assets.

Supply shortages are already here and happening. Look at your local stores, the shelves may at first glance appear full, they are not. Raw materials are threw the roof and we are just now seeing the first impacts of that.

My point is, no work and food lines like the depression is something that could happen.

My broker has advised me to pay cash for my home (which is my forever home) and no invest that money. Never heard him say that before.

Its coming back but for different reasons. The 2008 crash was due to lenders giving out ARM loans that they knew people couldn't afford after the interest kicked in...and the stupid people that signed up for those loans to begin with. If you knew how to sign your name you got a loan.