Interior Lighting

well, all remaining LEDs were put in today.....now my blinkers flash very fast.....WTF?
The factory relay is designed for a higher current draw than the LEDs put out. O'reillys sells LED relays that work on the Tj for about $15. or you can do this mod for free. I personally did this about 8 months ago and never had an issue.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
The factory relay is designed for a higher current draw than the LEDs put out. O'reillys sells LED relays that work on the Tj for about $15. or you can do this mod for free. I personally did this about 8 months ago and never had an issue.
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
seems simple enuff.......I'll give a whirl today

seems simple enuff.......I'll give a whirl today
If the flasher relay is on top of the steering column, it won't respond to cutting the trace. You need the LED flasher for that location. Only the ones on the firewall have the trace. As to why the footwell lights were missing, you have an SE. Didn't come with them from the factory.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
This does not apply to his late model TJ. I believe the range for this is '97 - '00. If I'm remembering correctly, '01 and up requires a different relay.

Edit: Did a quick verification. EP26, or modified stock flasher for '97 to '00. Per Blaine's comment, EP27 for '01 to '06. This coincides with the introduction of the multi-function light switch in '01 (relay on top of steering column).

Last edited:
This does not apply to his late model TJ. I believe the range for this is '97 - '00. If I'm remembering correctly, '01 and up requires a different relay.

Edit: Did a quick verification. EP26, or modified stock flasher for '97 to '00. Per Blaine's comment, EP27 for '01 to '06. This coincides with the introduction of the multi-function light switch in '01 (relay on top of steering column).
true, yeah forgot about the 00 up split. good catch

Reactions: Irun