Is anyone running Katzkin seat covers?

While I haven't used them on a TJ, I have used them on other vehicles in the past. I can tell you from firsthand experience that Katzkin makes some of the best seat covers out there. So good in fact that many dealers install them at point of sale on vehicles that didn't come factory with leather.

Don't think I've ever seen a TJ with Katzin covers. I have seen a few JK's with them though. Never heard any complaints, just not the type of seat cover I would want for a trail rig.

If it's a trail rig, check out Bartact and Caltrends. Not leather though.

I work at an auto upholstery shop and we have installed about all of the brands of leather seat kits. That being said the company that seems to have the best fit and that I did consider installing on my own TJ is Leather Seats.com. We installed one of there TJ kits about a year ago and the fit was very good. They are based out of Oklahoma City and on the rare occasions that we have had problems they provided good costumer service.
I don’t have any affiliation with them and don’t get anything out of it if you go with them just letting you know what I have seen work the best. The only reason I am not using them is I know how to make my own custom covers and I want cloth for the Texas heat

Things to know for any of the leather seat kit installs.

Take your seats out.

Any holes that are punched in the factory cover(As in holes for bolts, the flip the seat forward lever)WILL NOT Be pre punched for you. Install the cover without cutting the holes, use the factory cover to get in the right area then cut the hole with a sharp razor blade. Start small you can make it larger if needed.

It is best to work on a table padded with a moving blanket, it is not very hard to scratch leather.

If you’re seat pan has any rust keep you hands clean. If you have any light color stitching the rust will stain the threads.

Special tools needed hog ring pliers, pick, razor blades, caulk for marking were holes are.

This job takes an average of 6 to 8 hours for someone that’s done I before to do.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: pc1p
We have purchased Katzkins for a Toyota Highlander (all three rows) and got them in a 2015 Subaru Outback purchased for my son. In both cases the quality of the product and installation was excellent. I would buy them again given the right vehicle.

here is a Katzkin installed in an LJ

516B2F08-AD93-492B-AADA-3C4BC91BB289.jpeg

I have used Katzkin in the past on other vehicles and fit and finish was great, I just steamed them a bit after install to get it wrinkle free

My 2012 JKU came dealer installed with them, they held up and fit well. I would not have paid the $800 line item on sticker for it...but did cut a nice deal on it. Ironically traded it for my wife's benz and bought the TJ 6 months later...lol