Is it ok to remove my rear shocks and have the Jeep sit like that for a few days?

Figured since Iā€™m the ā€œnewā€ I was getting my shackling lol
Welcome to the forum..there are a handful of assholes here but they are knowledgeable assholes..put your thick skin on and open your mind and you will learn alot..and don't be afraid to give it right back

You'll probably bust at least one of the shock bolts, which means you'll take a month to fix that problem so the Jeep won't have any rear shocks the whole time! Ask me how I know this...

That's how I got my opportunity to drive shockless. I was doing a lift in my buddys families shop after hours and had to drive it home to figure the shock bolts out on my own.

That's how I got my opportunity to drive shockless. I was doing a lift in my buddys families shop after hours and had to drive it home to figure the shock bolts out on my own.
I was raised in the used car business,my dad would let me take stuff(stereos-air shocks but I had to replace the parts .like everyone else we didnā€™t have any money,he bought a dodge car one time that had air shocks I needed for my charger so I took my car up there and removed the air shocks off of it and put my crappy old regulars on it,didnā€™t know any better and was going to take my time and clean em up a little and install at home. I drove that charger home without shocks,WOW the car was literally coming 2 feet off the ground on small bumps,looked really bad I bet!

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Gotcha, I looked before I posted and all I found was driving no shocks not Recommended, but nothing about just sitting for days no shocks
He's actually kind of throwing you a bone to see if you want to learn the "why's" and "how's" of what is a shock and what does it do. He's trying to teach you to fish instead of handing you a can of tuna. Once you know what a shock is and what it provides to the system that is your jeep you will know forever and for all time the answer to your initial question and you will know it so fundamentally it will seem absurd to you next time someone asks it :)

Reactions: tombicon and jjvw
He's actually kind of throwing you a bone to see if you want to learn the "why's" and "how's" of what is a shock and what does it do. He's trying to teach you to fish instead of handing you a can of tuna. Once you know what a shock is and what it provides to the system that is your jeep you will know forever and for all time the answer to your initial question and you will know it so fundamentally it will seem absurd to you next time someone asks it :)
You're too kind. What if I was just being an asshole? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and B00mb00m
Not to mention that like most when the opportunity to learn something is suggested, they won't go to the effort to unbolt some shocks and find out. This one is almost effortless since the shocks are already off which presents a low effort experience to actually know something few others will spend a few moments on.

Reactions: B00mb00m and jjvw
Not to mention that like most when the opportunity to learn something is suggested, they won't go to the effort to unbolt some shocks and find out. This one is almost effortless since the shocks are already off which presents a low effort experience to actually know something few others will spend a few moments on.
I give a guy every opportunity to be a hero for a day and look at what I get in return.

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom
Boinga-boinga. I only moved my Jeep around in the driveway a couple of times while the rear shocks were off. That was enough for me!