Is Mobil Super High Mileage 10W-30 oil a thing of the past?

You’re all saying the hi mileage is not a gimmick? What’s it claiming to do?

I don't run it, and I've had vehicles running 250K+ miles not running it, but as far as I know the main differences is that "high mileage" has additives which help to swell some of the gaskets and seals, and mitigate or stop minor leaks. Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

Reactions: tr21triton

Typically more zinc which is very helpful in reducing wear. Plus seal/gasket conditioners which is less of an issue for me as I expect old cars to drip a little

Reactions: 04 LJ
I was recently (last 6 months) told by one of the old timers at my local Oreillys that the oil companies seem to be phasing out conventional. I rarely buy conventional so I didn't ask any for any more detail, but at a glance that seems to be happening.

Electric cars don't need that stuff. :unsure: I just heard that Cali is going to ban all gas cars on the roads by 2035.
p.s. Now that my student loans are getting paid off, I'm hoping Joe buys all Americans a Tesla next. He says it's all free and he would never lie (or remember if he did). :rolleyes:

I just heard that Cali is going to ban all gas cars on the roads by 2035.
p.s. Now that my student loans are getting paid off, I'm hoping Joe buys all Americans a Tesla next. He says it's all free.:rolleyes:

funny, I just posted on another forum that when Brandon signed a EV loan forgiveness I would go get me one of them Testlars or a F-150 lectric truck !!!! maybe 2 WHY NOT IT'S FREE !!!!!!

I just heard that Cali is going to ban all gas cars on the roads by 2035.

I've heard something similar, and I don't doubt it. The problem is how many companies and other states with go along with that bullshit.

p.s. Now that my student loans are getting paid off, I'm hoping Joe buys all Americans a Tesla next. He says it's all free.:rolleyes:

Just reading that got me a little sweaty. Maybe my new EV will have a/c, or is that not "environmentally friendly" :LOL:

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I've heard something similar, and I don't doubt it. The problem is how many companies and other states with go along with that bullshit.

Just reading that got me a little sweaty. Maybe my new EV will have a/c, or is that not "environmentally friendly" :LOL:

The A/C in cars produced after 2035 will have a new high efficiency system, ICE CUBES AND A FAN !!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

No, it's the real deal. As engine seals age they tend to dry out from conventional lubricants, especially from many synthetics. High mileage engine oils have additional ingredients meant specifically to restore the seals and in most cases they'll stop leaks from the seals after having been restored. It's not just plugging the leaks in other words.

I had a massive rear-main seal leak on my daily driver BMW maybe ten years ago that was leaving a good size puddle on my garage floor every day. BMW shops wanted close to $2k to replace the seal (which required removing the transmission) so I started scouring BMW forums for advice. All consistently said to switch to a high mileage conventional. I did and my leak was completely gone within a week of daily driving. I've been a believer ever since.

I want a Rivian electric truck like my neighbor has. He thinks he's the shit now. I thought he was shit before he bought it. 🤫
1661440637193.png

I want a Rivian electric truck like my neighbor has. :rolleyes:

Clearly made with and powered by ZERO petroleum products. :rolleyes:

What's the price on one of those? And more importantly, can someone else's tax dollars pay for it?

Edit; I looked them up. WTF is the first thing that came to mind :oops: Also, there's a used one nearby advertised at $119,995. Double WTF :oops:

1661441477754.png

Last edited:
Clearly made with and powered by ZERO petroleum products. :rolleyes:

What's the price on one of those? And more importantly, can someone else's tax dollars pay for it?

Edit; I looked them up. WTF is the first thing that came to mind :oops: Also, there's a used one nearby advertised at $119,995. Double WTF :oops:

View attachment 353808

Going green isn't supposed to be cheap. Brandon has you covered. 🤥

I dunno how anyone could like the front-end styling of that truck. It's even uglier than my former most ugly vehicle, the Citroen.

Say it ain't so? :( They're even uglier in person.

p.s. I can see @Zorba driving one of these and his head exploding from the wasted "high tech".

1661442419794.png

Last edited: