Is rubber the way to go for a MML?

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking for opinions on what’s the go to MML. Don’t want to do spacers as my heap has 208k and figure it won’t hurt to replace them. Assume rubber is the way to go...Ordering a savvy BL as well to go along with this project.

Thanks in advance,
Tristan

I've done new stock mounts with spacers, MORE and Browndog. Didn't notice any difference, other than looks, between the three. Whichever way you go, make sure to get the rubber mounts.

Reactions: L J
I went MORE bombproof rubber mounts and savvy BL. I will say though I do have some mild vibrations at idle.

JKS here since that is what savvy was offering at the time. I recommend spacers and rubber mounts

Reactions: L J
Really? I'm on my original mounts and I wheel the hell out of my Rubicon ... 120,000 miles and 16 years old. When should I expect them to "rot" out?
Exactly. I helped a friend do a frame-up restoration of his 1973 CJ-5 with a new body and his original rubber body mounts were in such excellent condition that they were one of the few items not replaced.

I can’t say I noticed any added vibration with my MORE Bombproof mounts, but be careful with feedback on them as there is the old style (poly) and new style (torsion rubber) - you want the latter.

Spacers on a stock mount are probably also a fine way to go and will save a little coin.

I can’t say I noticed any added vibration with my MORE Bombproof mounts, but be careful with feedback on them as there is the old style (poly) and new style (torsion rubber) - you want the latter.
MORE has had the rubber version of their Bombproof mounts for at least 15-16 years, that's about when I installed mine into my previous TJ.

Reactions: rasband
MORE has had the rubber version of their Bombproof mounts for at least 15-16 years, that's about when I installed mine into my previous TJ.

Good to know. All I have seen on them is their page and wasn’t aware of the timeline:

M.O.R.E. has a new style "Bomb Proof" motor mount available. Instead of using polyurethane for insulating the chassis from engine vibration, we use Torsion rubber.

Did you stick with them in your later TJ or just add a spacer?

Did you stick with them in your later TJ or just add a spacer?
They're whatever came in it, I bought my present TJ used from the owner of Savvy after my previous TJ was stolen. They look like Currie's MML but that's just a guess. If one ever gives me trouble I'll install Mopar OEM rubber mounts with Savvy's spacer kit.

Reactions: fuse and rasband
Really? I'm on my original mounts and I wheel the hell out of my Rubicon ... 120,000 miles and 16 years old. When should I expect them to "rot" out?

Should be good for at least another 27k miles if mine are any indication.