Is something bent on my rear axle?

JeepLifeFL

Was looking under this tj I just bought because I was about swap out the fuel pump, I looked over and noticed this. Anyone have a clue what could have happened??
4A83C7B0-473A-4840-B4B0-A4B3A17B7886.jpeg

Axle bearing toast? Jack it up and see if the wheel moves up and down.

looks like it's been grinding on that drum for enough time it's carving an edge into it.

I think I did okay lol, eventually I’ll put some 8.8 under her
Which likely means you have the 35 under there in which case the drum dislocation is probably being caused by the axle bearing eating into the bearing journal on the shaft. Generally that is caused by aftermarket shafts being too soft for bearing duty in that area.

FYI- if that stinger equipped rig in the above pic is the one you listed the mods for, none of them are accurate unless you already took the snorkel off.

Reactions: tr21triton
Which likely means you have the 35 under there in which case the drum dislocation is probably being caused by the axle bearing eating into the bearing journal on the shaft. Generally that is caused by aftermarket shafts being too soft for bearing duty in that area.

FYI- if that stinger equipped rig in the above pic is the one you listed the mods for, none of them are accurate unless you already took the snorkel off.
I haven’t put the snorkel on yet, and I took that pic before I put the cross over steering on