Is that a knife in your pocket?

Michael Roberson

TJ Enthusiast
Let’s see those everyday carry pocket knives!
bad9d4acda152c82c3c82797ea8dbc92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Head Lice and Chris
My favorite was 2 Gerber knives which somehow lost both. So with a drawer full (not exaggerating) I fall back to my trusty all stainless Case that I can't seem to lose and carry every day.

Reactions: Michael Roberson
15078579398091581974332.jpg
15078580028531184576587.jpg
I have a crkt that goes everywhere with me. G10 grip, spring assisted opening. Wish the steel were a bit better, but overall it's a nice knife.

I also have a couple of Buck folders, a Gerber, Smith and Wesson swat, three or four Leatherman's...

Reactions: Michael Roberson
I have a leatherman that I wear when wheeling.

I have an old buck knife my dad gave me as a kid--I stopped wearing it only because I dont want to lose it, I'll still pack it with on hunting trips but thats it.

I’ve been carrying the same Benchmade mini-griptillion nearly everyday for almost 15 years. When I don’t carry it clipped to my pocket I use the SAK.
EB395DEF-A5C6-48D2-A593-21BD9B6B1E99.jpeg

BTW: The Benchmade’slifetime resharpening service is a fantastic benefit. I use it every 18 months or so to have them reshape the bevel. I do sharpen the knife but after awhile I like getting back to the original grind.

Almost forgot. I do use the Kershaw from time to time if I don’t make time to sharpen the Benchmade.
C12F58AA-011F-4FDE-9518-4DBDC9144CCF.jpeg

The Leatherman goes with me every week when I do volunteer trail work at a local county park.
The Kershaw Blur is a really decent knife for the $ I paid. (About $30.00 a few years ago)

Starting at the bottom of the photo and working up:
Left front pocket - small Swiss Army Knife
Right front pocket - S&W Border Guard w/glass breaker and belt cutter
Center console - Leatherman
Storage box (behind the back seat) - Filipino JEST (Jungle Environment Survival Training, 1977) bolo knife w/leather belt sheath (that I made).

Knives.jpg

There's a common thought among hunters . . . . the bigger the hunting knife, the less field experience of the owner.
Some folks carry huge hunting knives . . . you could field dress a T-Rex with them.
Have an elderly Gerber 'Silver Knight' folder . . . . a veteran of many hunts, and an equally elderly Schrade 'Wolverine' fixed blade.
A drop-point is a good practical blade design for the smaller field knives. A 2.5" - 3.0" blade is perfect for dressing moose/elk.
It's good to see what other folks carry . . . .