Is this a Pedophile?

I thought that for a long time also, until I read this. I do think he was released later.

A man was arrested in Florida for refusing to remove a bumper sticker on his vehicle that read “I eat a–,” a report said on Tuesday.

Dillon Shane Webb, 23, was driving a brown Chevrolet truck on Sunday when a deputy noticed the sexually suggestive sticker fastened to the rear window and alerted Webb that it violates a state obscenity law, according to the Lake City Reporter.

Webb responded by claiming that the content of the sticker was “just words,” the report said.
The deputy then asked Webb how “a parent of a small child” would explain what those words meant. Webb said it would be “up to the parent.”
The suspect also cited his First Amendment privileges when the deputy asked if he would remove just one letter on the sticker.
He was charged with obscene writing on vehicles and resisting an officer without violence.
That could be construed under some obscenity statute. Fuck the boy next door isn't quite the same, is it? There is no ambiguity in the first, it is clear and fairly obscene. The second is far too ambiguous to fall within any legal obscenity definition. However, the next little gated community over would easily not let you through the gate with it in view. After all, they don't allow motorcycles anywhere inside the gates.

What if this person is one of those that likes to stir the pot. Doesn't really believe or even care about the meaning and only likes to see peoples reactions to their actions or comments. I have a couple friends that are like that. I don't run with them much, but if I am having a gathering with a lot of different people, I invite them to keep it interesting. You never know where the conversation will end up.

Reactions: B252

Most states have "obscene" bumper sticker,etc. traffic laws.
That is my useless fact of the day.

Back to the public
If the sticker said "xxxx the girl next door", would it still be viewed in the same manner?

• Haha
Reactions: Equilibrium31
That could be construed under some obscenity statute. Fuck the boy next door isn't quite the same, is it? There is no ambiguity in the first, it is clear and fairly obscene. The second is far too ambiguous to fall within any legal obscenity definition. However, the next little gated community over would easily not let you through the gate with it in view. After all, they don't allow motorcycles anywhere inside the gates.
I think your statement earlier will decide if it is obscene. It all depends on the reader and their sensibilities. Me, I don't care, the person doesn't answer to me and its not parked in my drive way. The only bumper sticker I have is a JEEPLES sticker. Too many people feel they have to address you for some reason. I try to avoid conflict as much as I can. Its not good for business or my blood pressure.

No one is wrong for their perceptions of it. When I started saying your bias is showing, it's pretty clear that folks interpreted that as me saying they were wrong. I never said that. How you view the sticker and what it means to you is a product of your experiences and view of the world. Nothing more.

I think it is rude, I'd never run one, but I have no opinion of the person who does as in I wouldn't even give it a second glance if I saw it on the road and I certainly wouldn't go to the effort to take a picture of it and post i on a forum somewhere.
Right, I get. This is where people of all walks of life differ, You wouldn't take the effort, I would and did. I'm not in any way saying that you are wrong, or morally inferior, we just differ. If the sticker was intentional,,, head needs to be examined. If it was unintentional,,, take it off. Of course this is just my personal opinion and personal opinions don't mean shit.

View attachment 97742
Most states have "obscene" bumper sticker,etc. traffic laws.
That is my useless fact of the day.

Back to the public
If the sticker said "xxxx the girl next door", would it still be viewed in the same manner?
I get that we have obscenity laws. My 1st Amendment rights tend to protect me though and this may help.

https://www.freedomforuminstitute.o...l-public-expression-overview/bumper-stickers/

Generally, as a private citizen, I can get away with a bunch in how I express myself. Public employee, not so much.

Right, I get. This is where people of all walks of life differ, You wouldn't take the effort, I would and did. I'm not in any way saying that you are wrong, or morally inferior, we just differ. If the sticker was intentional,,, head needs to be examined. If it was unintentional,,, take it off. Of course this is just my personal opinion and personal opinions don't mean shit.
And, if I saw it, it gets a big "whatever" from me.

Your bias is showing as well.
Really showing your Bias that's about the dumbest thing I have read on this site. Standing up for child molesters wow I may need a new site. Stay the hell away from my kids on trail runs. No you weren't missing anything, your spot on don't be shamed for feeling there is something wrong with you. Normalizing freeks is the norm in Calif.

Really showing your Bias that's about the dumbest thing I have read on this site. Standing up for child molesters wow I may need a new site. Stay the hell away from my kids on trail runs. No you weren't missing anything, your spot on don't be shamed for feeling there is something wrong with you. Normalizing freeks is the norm in Calif.
You're about as sharp as the leading edge of a bowling ball, aintcha?

I get where you are coming from Blaine, however I have always adhered to the motto of "just because I can, doesn't mean I should"
My life mantra and words to live by for sure. I frequently use the example of "just because you can watch your granny taking a shower, doesn't mean you should".

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney

rwD60k6.gif
IgigNYK.gif

Not that I think they should be exposed to it or have to put up with or tolerate it, but how many kids do you know that can read that don't know the word, haven't heard it many times already and don't use it when they think no one can hear them? And, your bias is showing. ;)

No bias. Just trying to not let the civilized bar lower too much. We seem to becoming less and less civilized as the lower class seems to dominate everything. Would be nice to have a little dignity left at least for kid's sake.

On the flip side, if you see that driver, you can tell them to fuck off from me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Locky and Ericict
I think you have the wrong understanding of Mr. Blaine's comments. He's simply saying that, He doesn't care what some dope puts on his vehicle. Whereas I do, that is my bias, and actually enjoy arguing over them. It's a point of interesting conversation to me. I have three kids, 12, 14 & 16. If they were in the car yesterday morning, I can only imagine the questions that I would have received, that might "not" be an interesting conservation that I would have enjoyed.

No bias. Just trying to not let the civilized bar lower too much. We seem to becoming less and less civilized as the lower class seems to dominate everything. Would be nice to have a little dignity left at least for kid's sake.

On the flip side, if you see that driver, you can tell them to fuck off from me. :)
I don't care enough to tell him to fuck off as I stated. As for the rest, any hope we had of retaining a meaningful civilization left right about the time it became acceptable for a transgender to win a women's track event after converting to female. Not one iota of that is civilized, acceptable, or tolerable. If transgender want to compete in events, they need to compete against other transgenders.

Reactions: Daryl and Flib
I think you have the wrong understanding of Mr. Blaine's comments. He's simply saying that, He doesn't care what some dope puts on his vehicle. Whereas I do, that is my bias, and actually enjoy arguing over them. It's a point of interesting conversation to me. I have three kids, 12, 14 & 16. If they were in the car yesterday morning, I can only imagine the questions that I would have received, that might "not" be an interesting conservation that I would have enjoyed.
If I were the sort to get highly offended, not much would be worse than accusing me of supporting or condoning child molestation. There are a few things I won't allow you to disparage with impunity. My wife is first. Somewhere right below that is my total lack of tolerance for child molestation or abuse of any kind. I have beat the ever livin' shit out of several that raised a hand to those they should not have.

Anyone who thinks a bumper sticker with the work 'fuck' should be a crime simply due to the use of the word may want to study the principles of free speech underlying the 1971 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Cohen v. California that overturned a conviction for disturbing the peace against Paul Robert Cohen for wearing a jacket displaying "Fuck the Draft" in a Los Angeles courthouse.

As Justice Harlan wrote for the Court, "One man's vulgarity is another's lyric. . . ."