Is this a Sahara?

Nice find. Seeing pictures of that first green one made me remember how much I like the original BFG KMs. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJJeep4Sale
I agree unfortunately there isn't much I can do. He's 3 hours away or 4 hours if I go at a bad time with LA traffic and the sun sets at 5 o clock right now I want to see it in the day light. I work the rest of the week and the weekend I've got a family funeral on Saturday and plans Sunday. I've assured him that I think his price is fair and that if everything checks out I intend to pay it, I even offered a deposit to hold it, he says if he gets any one else interested he'll contact me regarding a deposit but until then I am just planning on Monday leaving at the ass crack of dawn.

Additionally I asked about the non-stock fenders and he says they were added to cover the new upgraded/bigger tires. But I thought the saharas fenders were already wider, but maybe these are even wider?

If I end up picking it up I will update this thread. Thanks for all your help and cross your fingers for me.
Just my two cents. I had a deal on a Rubicon with a member of this forum, offered to send a deposit and was told there was no need to. He landed up selling it without ever informing me until the deal was done. Good luck!

I agree unfortunately there isn't much I can do. He's 3 hours away or 4 hours if I go at a bad time with LA traffic and the sun sets at 5 o clock right now I want to see it in the day light. I work the rest of the week and the weekend I've got a family funeral on Saturday and plans Sunday. I've assured him that I think his price is fair and that if everything checks out I intend to pay it, I even offered a deposit to hold it, he says if he gets any one else interested he'll contact me regarding a deposit but until then I am just planning on Monday leaving at the ass crack of dawn.

Additionally I asked about the non-stock fenders and he says they were added to cover the new upgraded/bigger tires. But I thought the saharas fenders were already wider, but maybe these are even wider?

If I end up picking it up I will update this thread. Thanks for all your help and cross your fingers for me.

I would guess there is a fair number of guys on here, who "had a deal" only to find out it got sold. Happened to me with a '03 rubicon, the price was really good and we had a deal for the next morning, an hour later got a text SOLD... An interesting side note, about 2 weeks later I see the same jeep for sale, only this time about $5k more, I called, there was the usual story, my buddy has the title and well he is in LA and well, we can't make the deal until he gets up here. You hear every story imaginable, one guy was anxious to do a deal on a green Sahara, turns out there was a lien on it.... I could write a book on craigslist deals. Choose wisely and do your homework

It wouldn't change anything and it also wouldn't be too hard to figure out who he was. I picked up a nice LJ from another member and I moved on.
Man if you had told me what you were looking for I would’ve sold your somebody’s Rubicon- I am now the Forum Resources Officer. It’s a headache, but I enjoy it.

Nice find. Seeing pictures of that first green one made me remember how much I like the original BFG KMs. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Those were the first tires I ever purchased for my jeep. 33-12.50-15. I still like how they look even a couple decades later!

Same with the original Goodyear MTRs. A Rubicon just doesn't look the same with anything else.

OP- What color is that Jeep you bought? Khaki or Silver or...?

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Those were the first tires I ever purchased for my jeep. 33-12.50-15. I still like how they look even a couple decades later!

Same with the original Goodyear MTRs. A Rubicon just doesn't look the same with anything else.

OP- What color is that Jeep you bought? Khaki or Silver or...?
Khaki. Some pics it looks silver but its definitely khaki