I've always had a thing for actual yellow fog lights

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Can the lenses be rotated 90 degrees?

View attachment 67740

@zebra12 , it looks like they can be rotated. You have to pull those little spring clip things out. Snap a picture of them before you take them out so you know how they go back in. Basically the hook end goes under the lip, the bend down towards the light and then push the straight end down until it clicks under the lip. I’d suggest some light sanding and spray painting once you have them rotated how you like. The paint quality isn’t the greatest. And fill the grommet hole with some RTV or silicone. I dont know why they have one with such a huge opening.

Mine have been painted, RTV’d and on for a while now and work fine and have had no moisture in them.

A3879C35-4E81-4C5D-8BAB-5038A3F20F89.jpeg

8C23C887-F110-43DE-99B0-E2125762B7D6.jpeg

7F46820C-6851-4DAA-97FA-DEE4D2D41B33.jpeg

FAD07484-E97A-4018-A059-95A113982641.jpeg

Reactions: zebra12
@zebra12 , it looks like they can be rotated. You have to pull those little spring clip things out. Snap a picture of them before you take them out so you know how they go back in. Basically the hook end goes under the lip, the bend down towards the light and then push the straight end down until it clicks under the lip. I’d suggest some light sanding and spray painting once you have them rotated how you like. The paint quality isn’t the greatest. And fill the grommet hole with some RTV or silicone. I dont know why they have one with such a huge opening.

Mine have been painted, RTV’d and on for a while now and work fine and have had no moisture in them.

View attachment 94272
View attachment 94273
View attachment 94274
View attachment 94275

Great, thank you. Yellow Hellas and the fog light adapters ordered.

Now, I need to install my mopar RC bumper (and support my fellow Oregonians and buy a M8000).

Reactions: MountaineerTom
That's what I used to think, until I started seeing clear lensed lights on new cars listed as "fog lights". I was adamant that a fog light was amber/yellow. Even argued the point. However, I've since found that not to be the case. I've also found that aftermarket suppliers list "white" fog lights.

Pulled this up:
Yellow vs. White Fog Lights: Make a Better Decision for Brighter Light
And there is the reason I hate the white/blue LEDs. Amazing how well they sell tho. I have always preferred halogen lights over LEDs.

The yellow light was originally developed for winter driving to give better definition when everything was white. Clear has always been the best colour for fog/rain.

But a fog light is not about colour, it is about having a sharp cutoff so the light does not reflect back off the fog, snow, rain, smoke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
Hella 55 watt yellow fog lights from E-bay. We'll see how well they hold up. Paint on the housings didn't seem that great. I scuffed them up and sprayed a few light coats of Rustoleum Textured paint. Spliced into factory wiring.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=113238181299

View attachment 66599

View attachment 66600

View attachment 66603

View attachment 66604

View attachment 66605

Looks great. I also love the classic yellow or amber fog light look. Based on your review I ordered a set off Ebay tonight. I does take about a month for shipping from India. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
But a fog light is not about colour, it is about having a sharp cutoff so the light does not reflect back off the fog, snow, rain, smoke.

That’s my understanding as well. You want the fog lights to have a sharp cut off or be angled down so that the light doesn’t reflect back into your eyes.

Similar reasoning for why running high beams in fog is a bad idea even if the lumen output is the same as the low beams.

Hella 500FF 55w driving lights. I installed yellow Lamin-X skin and replaced the bulbs with yellow H3's. I went with driving lights over fogs simply because fog is a maybe-once-a-year thing around even though I live on the water. Yellow is totally because I like the look. I grew up in the 80's.

2023-05-15 Cathedral Pines ON 17.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I also love the classic yellow or amber fog light look. Based on your review I ordered a set off Ebay tonight. I does take about a month for shipping from India. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I’m still happy with mine and they are working great. Do the little extra things like repaint the housing and find a way of sealing up the gapping hole the wiring goes through. LOL I don’t know why they made them like that.

I bought some LED bulbs to try in them a couple years ago but have never gotten around to swapping them out. At e when one of the halogens burns out.

I have the same preference. I got KC halogen fogs that come only in clear, sold as upgrades for the TJ so they already have the right connector.

Then I covered them with yellow lamin x.

PXL_20230608_213720087.jpg

Bonus is that making them clearly a different color than the whiter LEDs looks better than the way "white" halogens end up looking brown by comparison.

I bought some LED bulbs to try in them a couple years ago but have never gotten around to swapping them out. At e when one of the halogens burns out.
I think that you will be disappointed in the LEDs. They don't emit the light the same as the halogens, so they don't focus well. If you want more light, get 100 watt bulbs for your existing lights. Depending on your wiring, you might have to upgrade it to handle the extra wattage though.

I have been changing lights around and KC recently sent me these. Not clear in pic but one is yellowish and one is amber.

07B1C69F-CB31-4E07-817D-AB4572506FAF.jpeg