Jeep names: What are your names and how did you decide?

Chilli Pepper Pearl.
We named him
Jose

20190925_075852.jpg

It is named Janice, my daughter named it (she also drives it) after an old biddy lady cashier at Bed Bath and Beyond who was named Janice. The cashier, Janice, was having a hard time scanning some things that were being purchased, she dropped several things, she could not figure out how to apply a coupon to a certain item. The manager was called over and showed her how to apply the coupon and in the process he told her "Dammit Janice I have showen you this already". So after that my daughter named the TJ Janice and said when it breaks she can say "Dammit Janice" (which has happened a few times)
TJ WHITE OUT.jpg

Pony boy

I was talking to the ol lady about what color I wanted to bedline the Jeep. I had went over black, slate, maroon alone with others. The oe paint was gold. When I finally decided to stick with gold I said “stay golden Pony boy” and the name kind of stuck.

Side note, my fiancé had never seen the outsiders and it made me feel incredibly old.

View attachment 111526

View attachment 111527
That’s some sweet looking paint job! Did you take that project on yourself or out source it? And what was the price range for something like that, if you don’t mind my asking?

Meryl. Meryl Jeep.

My daughter named it. It's going to be her school car, and after she graduates and gets something newer I'm planning on lifting it, adding 33's, etc.

That’s some sweet looking paint job! Did you take that project on yourself or out source it? And what was the price range for something like that, if you don’t mind my asking?
I don’t think it would be any kind of challenge to paint yourself and was my original plan but I have a friend that does paint and auto body and offered to do it and pull dents and perfect the body with no bondo for $500. I couldn’t say no, just because I knew he’d do a good job and it saved me $500 worth of work. I’m out a total of $700 and had enough raptor liner left do do my father in laws samurai.

I would think that naming your Jeep or it acquiring a name from a wheeling trip or something by your buddies would be kinda personal or at least have a good back story.

That being said, I drive by a used car dealership on my way to work five days a week and they have had a JK out there for a few weeks now that was named "Jarvis" by its previous owner. No problem with that, likely a fan of Iron Man, Avengers, etc., same here. However, I keep thinking each time I drive by it that nobody is going to want to buy this thing and just drive it as is with "Jarvis" on the hood and never have a back story to go with it.

I kinda feel like it would be the equilivant of marrying some lady with some other dude's name tattooed on her neck.

If I was buying it, I'd have to pull that off out in the parking lot before I ever drove it home.

ysrScNR.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
WARNING: EXTREME VULGARITY!
I've thought very little about naming mine during my relationship with it. Hell, it doesn't even identify itself by gender. However, lately I've been calling it "Fuckbag" since all it wanted to do this Summer was sit in my garage like a little bitch with a broken spider gear and not come out to play.

My wife and I just refer to it as "the jeep" lol. But our truck is "the truck" and our car is "the car". I guess we are boring.
Pretty much same here. One of our dance sisters named my wife's car "Maude", so we'll call it that once in a while, my old MBZ sometimes is called "The Queen Mary", but usually its just "The Jeep", "The Mercedes", or "The Fiat". 20 years ago when we used to have a truck, it was "The Truck".

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Pretty much same here. One of our dance sisters named my wife's car "Maude", so we'll call it that once in a while, my old MBZ sometimes is called "The Queen Mary", but usually its just "The Jeep", "The Mercedes", or "The Fiat". 20 years ago when we used to have a truck, it was "The Truck".
Yo, the wife, I'll be taking the boy, the girl, and the dog in the Jeep to the restaurant to get the food; did you want some of the desert? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Zorba
Since this thread has be resurrected, mine is the same as my screen name; "TJ Hunnicutt" or "Teej". Based on the BJ Hunnicutt character from M*A*S*H. I loved the show and, like many folks, really liked Alan Alda's Hawkey character, but I always felt closest to the character of BJ; fun loving but laced pretty straight.