Jeep slightly leaning to one side

ellis_bianchi

So I installed some barricade rock sliders on my tj and for some reason it is leaning to one side about an inch. Anyone else had this happen or have an idea of what it could be?

I just noticed my TJ leaning to the passenger side and I’m glad I found this thread. I’m going to replace the springs soon and I’ll post an update on the result.

Will this cause any harm? Like tires wearing uneven? Of other stuff. It is so slight it doesn’t bother me but want to make sure it wouldn’t mess up tires before I get new ones.

I'd like to know too... front rt might be, as that's where the battery is... maybe the steering gear offsets that. Jerry, have you (or anyone you are aware of) weighed each corner?
I asked that question in disbelief. I doubt there is a big difference in weight on the front-left corner.

Will this cause any harm? Like tires wearing uneven? Of other stuff. It is so slight it doesn’t bother me but want to make sure it wouldn’t mess up tires before I get new ones.
It won't affect the tire wear as long as the toe-in on the front is set correctly (and to a lesser degree the caster).

A TJ being a solid axle vehicle, lean does not affect camber in either axle or rear toe. It may slightly affect front toe and caster, but those can easily be adjusted to accommodate.

Here's how to check and adjust front toe:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-align-your-jeep-wrangler-tj.85/

Just found this (Hi Jerry it’s Brian). Recently got my Blaine Johnson built TJ out of storage where it’s been sitting for almost two years and it’s leaning to the passenger side. Springs are maybe 2.5-3yrs old, actually didn’t use it much before storage. Bummer if I have to replace springs but that’s life I guess.
Oh almost forgot, years ago I bought an OEM JK Rubicon lift and while doing research found out the factory made a bunch of diff spring rates that all have numbers (front 18 or 19, etc) but the passenger sides front and back were all one number higher (stiffer) than the driver side. I was told that was to compensate for the weight of the gas tank. Doesn’t specifically apply to the TJ but thought I’d share.

Duplicate post

8999FFCF-1B02-4780-A413-23B482C0A662.jpeg

Last edited:
I just installed new savvy springs in the front and I now have a passenger side lean that I didn't before. I'm pretty baffled.

I just installed new savvy springs in the front and I now have a passenger side lean that I didn't before. I'm pretty baffled.
Dang, that’s no fun. You got me wondering if mine was always there but I don’t think it was, at least not as significant as it is now. I wonder if switching sides would help or make it lean driver side.