Jeep squeaking driver side

lulzpwndyah

TJ Enthusiast
Hello all,

I'm trying to track down a squeak but I can't find it. I thought it was a suspension component at first because it would squeak almost constantly over any kind of street or terrain. I have now replaced all springs/shocks/trackbars front and rear/steering currectlync/ u joints in front and it was quiet for a few hours and later again it began to squeak again it sounds just like it did before so I don't know that it was a suspension component but I hear it even if i'm driving slow and the road is mostly straight.... it sounds like it comes from the drivers side rear but I don't know what else to check... I hop on the side steps but I can't reproduce the squeak. It only happens when driving.. Anything else to check?

I know this sounds silly but could it be the driver’s seat? It happened to me.

The sound comes from outside but I did already fully remove the seat too cleaned it up nice and pretty.

I've also changed brake lines but the sound happened before and after... I've switched the tcase linkage as well... hmm
does the gas tank have a spring or something that can cause squeaking? Only thing left I can think of.

Look for any surface that is polished clean and smooth. Double check anything using a polyurethane bushing or mount. Go through and retighten any bolt you can get to.
I've chased squeaks on another vehicle for years only to find a muffler hanger that was stock had apparently hardened up enough to make some noise even after getting sprayed down with lithium grease multiple times. Only found it when the exhaust finally needed replacing. Good luck.

What condition are your control arm bushings/joints?
I'll need to check, although I'm pretty sure it's the door hinges themselves. The doors have never been off and until 2019 I think it had the hard top on most of the time. I'm not sure if its possible to lube the doors without taking them off.

I'll need to check, although I'm pretty sure it's the door hinges themselves. The doors have never been off and until 2019 I think it had the hard top on most of the time. I'm not sure if its possible to lube the doors without taking them off.
Try some spray lithium grease.

Reactions: 112dB
Hey by the way my squeaking was caused by the hood jumping around and the latch was making metal and metal squeaking.
I got some new hood latches and no more squeaking.

Looks like it's the seat itself, after doing some proper troubleshooting. I should have clued in as its gotten worse as I've put on the COVID-20 pounds or so over the past year.

The possibilities are near endless, but it’s important to check the bolt on crossmember just in front of the transmission ....the nutserts “spin out “ sort of. They can look tight but fail.

you can strategically spray wd 40 to mask a squeak and that reveals it and then fix it.

One weird thing I found after a body lift is that the fender was rubbing the pillow block bearing for the steering, bent the fender a little and the squeak is gone