Jeep TJ build JTR

JTR

So I'm a complete noob when it comes to the Jeep brand.
Although for short period of time I own the XJ. I never got that big into Off roading.
I was mostly a big Harley guy but now on entering into the Jeep world.
So might seem silly but I don't know if my jeeps lifted or not. I purchased it 2 weeks ago and immediately put 31" tires on it. They fit great and do not rub. Although they do fill up the Fender Wells.
I want to lift it between 2 and 3.5". But I don't know if it is actually lifted an inch or 2 already. Because almost everywhere I read and watch videos it says the 5th 31" tires you need at least a 2" lift.
So is my Jeep lifted?

So based off seeing 31" on a 2" lifted Jeep and thinking my Jeep is already lifted. But I'm still not 100% sure.

The dealer I got it from wasn't honest. The reason why I bring this up is that has ranchero shocks. When I bought it from the dealer it had one on the front right side. So I am not sure if this is the indication of had a lift on it. Or if the shop just had one ranchero shock laying around.

20210223_193034.jpg

So based off seeing 31" on a 2" lifted Jeep and thinking my Jeep is already lifted. But I'm still not 100% sure.

The dealer I got it from wasn't honest. The reason why I bring this up is that has ranchero shocks. When I bought it from the dealer it had one on the front right side. So I am not sure if this is the indication of had a lift on it. Or if the shop just had one ranchero shock laying around.

View attachment 235444
This is it with the worn out 31 so I replaced. For some reason all my other pictures are too big files to upload.

I’m fairly new here and by no means an expert, but I have 31” tires on 15” wheels with stock suspension. Based solely on pics, I would say you don’t have a lift. Edit, maybe a 1” lift? I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable members will know.
CCE52007-B854-4F2F-885D-8AEF93F568DF.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m fairly new here and by no means an expert, but I have 31” tires on 15” wheels with stock suspension. Based solely on pics, I would say you don’t have a lift. Edit, maybe a 1” lift? I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable members will know.View attachment 235469
Thanks for your response. Glancing at yours I don't believe mine lifted. Meaybe at most a leveling kit.