Jeep wave

I can see the prints on her boobs but I've never seen jeep hand prints on mirrors before

73ed0b4beaaa8166191a7496a8ade41e.jpg

I've moved a lot due to the Navy. Since owning a jeep (2012) I have lived in four different states. RI, VA, and FL were all really good at waving (>60%). CA was horrible. Hardly anyone waved in San Diego.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
NorCal folks are a bit friendlier. I'm selective at my wave, but wave at most. You can generally foresee the soccer mom in her 4 doh, or the old guy that's driving his toad to the grocery store.

Reactions: BigWheel88
I've started waving at everyone who drives a rig that can actually get off road. A really pretty brunette in an XJ prompted my change of heart. She was driving a decently modified XJ that had some miles on it. She smiled and waved. I waved back. She got the biggest grin on her face. From then point on, I've waved at every vehicle that looks off road capable, and all Jeeps. It's surprising the number of folks who now recognize my TJ and wave when they see it.

I've started waving at everyone who drives a rig that can actually get off road. A really pretty brunette in an XJ prompted my change of heart. She was driving a decently modified XJ that had some miles on it. She smiled and waved. I waved back. She got the biggest grin on her face. From then point on, I've waved at every vehicle that looks off road capable, and all Jeeps. It's surprising the number of folks who now recognize my TJ and wave when they see it.

There are quite a few trail driven XJs and WJs around there that I'll wave at. Half the time they're too shocked to respond but they're getting more consistent with the wave backs.

I am a crazy lady in a yellow tj. I only take "sunnyside up" out on nice days. When I wave I stick my hand out of the top and wave vigerously. Silly me...but it's fun.

Reactions: Michael Roberson
I was curious about the wave thing. When I first started driving my jeep I was like "Why are all these folks waving at me"? LOL I'm a female btw. I get it now. I see it's a community thing.
It is indeed....a bit of comradery is a great thing.(its also other jeep owners saying I feel your pain when it comes to filling up the TJ ) haha

I was curious about the wave thing. When I first started driving my jeep I was like "Why are all these folks waving at me"? LOL I'm a female btw. I get it now. I see it's a community thing.

Same as riding a motorcycle. Everyone waves at you, no matter what they are riding.

Got my first two "Jeep Waves" today coming back from work (well, technically the first was from a friend on FB who posted a .gif of Forest Gump waving on the shrimp boat).

Glad to have that image up there for etiquette. Does this apply to all jeeps or just something done between Wrangler owners?