Jeep Wrangler X illegally sold

Eamethyst

This is my 2006 Jeep Wrangler X 65th Anniversary Edition. It's stick shift, 4.0L, 6 cylinder, 2" lift It was illegally sold without my knowledge a few weeks ago. The title that was signed is invalid, a forged signature and license plates are invalid that are shown in the pictures. I have the current title (Wisconsin Title, etc), registration, license plates and sticker all in my possession. I know who sold it and I suing them and pressing charges. I want to find out who bought my Jeep because I need information about the sale, etc. It was sold in Lighthouse Point, FL.
VIN: 1J4FA39S86P766145
If anyone has any info please contact me.

477DE17D-6E45-43BE-AECB-AA8730466AFB.png

534FC4BE-1D48-4360-986A-4A2ADEA3F1A5.png

560693EA-204E-4BB0-A153-BF37C8856880.png

That sucks! I've never heard of a vehicle being sold when you still have the title. DMV here gives me crap if I have one letter out of place. I need more details. :unsure:

The people who sold my jeep had an older title. I replaced the title. By law in every state when you replace a title then that title takes the place of the prior title. My jeep is titled in Wisconsin. It was sold in Florida. As yet vehicles titles do not link up state to state. For instance everyone has a real id now. That driver license or Id card link up in every state. Tollway passes do to. Our government hasn't linked up titles to vehicles, boats, etc. It's doesn't matter. They illegally sold my jeep. My jeep is not titled in Florida. I did a vehicle history report. It shows I am the only one that holds a title and where it's titled.

Reactions: WV Silverbacks99TJ
OK I’m trying to understand the situation-

Is this at a shop down there or a vacation property or does one of your children live out of state and drives it-

Secondly what made the person think they had the right and how did they have the keys?

And you are very correct- I had lost some titles and I found out it was easier to get replacements than it was the original titles were to get- The document should be numbered and the new number should replace the existing number just like replacement insurance policies do- We’ve got more than enough technology and we are terribly behind the curve on that.

All the best.

DMV in Va wouldn't issue me a tittle because the seller's information was written in two different colors of ink. I tried to explain to them that his pen ran out of ink and he borrowed mine. NO title for me. I had to get the seller to meet me at DMV with his ID and explain it to them.

Last edited:
Then take your title, go to Florida, get a letter of reprieve and get your Jeep back.

Florida does not offer a letter of reprieve. My jeep is not titled in Florida by anyone. The whole point is I am trying to find who purchased my jeep. I am suing and pressing against who sold it.

OK I’m trying to understand the situation-

Is this at a shop down there or a vacation property or does one of your children live out of state and drives it-

Secondly what made the person think they had the right and how did they have the keys?

And you are very correct- I had lost some titles and I found out it was easier to get replacements than it was the original titles were to get- The document should be numbered and the new number should replace the existing number just like replacement insurance policies do- We’ve got more than enough technology and we are terribly behind the curve on that.

All the best.
Wisconsin and Florida will not issue original titles if those are lost, stolen, etc. They will only issue a replacement. I own the Jeep I have homes in different states. My Jeep was In Florida but titled in registered in Wisconsin. It spent time between both states. The original title is null void. Originally myself and my friend were on the title together. He passed away. I ordered a replacement title before he passed away. We couldn't locate the title. I drove down to track the Jeep down. I knew at that time where it was located. I got down there and it's not there. So I reached out to his family (parents). No response. I went and spoke with the sherriffs department. A few sergeants and deputies. They suggested that I contact Wisconsin. Tell them the situation and remove his name from the title. Which I did. That way I can report it stolen and have it for court. So the title I currently have is the original title because Wisconsin removed his name and the issued me a new title, registration, stick and plates. So I found out yesterday where my jeep is or so I thought and who has it. His mother took possession of my jeep. Did not contact me in anyway. I assumed after his passing his parents were the ones to take care of anything for him. His father told me she had my jeep. I called her, left voicemails, texted her and sent a certified letter. .No response from her. I drove down and went to her home. Of course she avoided me. I spoke to her current husband. I was informed they sold my jeep. They claim my friend borrowed money from his mom. So after he passed away she took the old invalid title that she found in his home and decided to sell my jeep. I informed them what they did is illegal. Forged a signature and sold a vehicle. So now I am suing them and I am reporting the Jeep illegally sold. I don't live in that area. I'm a few hours away. I have to drive down. I got legal advice on what I have to do. I ran a vehicle history report. My current title shows up but nothing from who purchased the Jeep. I would like to find who purchased the Jeep because I have questions. That will help my court case. The jeep is not titled in Florida. I don't know where the Jeep is or has it. Maybe someone will see my post and know who has it or who purchased it. will reach out. Deceitful people that are out there.

• Sad
Reactions: inkedrose and AndyG
Wisconsin and Florida will not issue original titles if those are lost, stolen, etc. They will only issue a replacement. I own the Jeep I have homes in different states. My Jeep was In Florida but titled in registered in Wisconsin. It spent time between both states. The original title is null void. Originally myself and my friend were on the title together. He passed away. I ordered a replacement title before he passed away. We couldn't locate the title. I drove down to track the Jeep down. I knew at that time where it was located. I got down there and it's not there. So I reached out to his family (parents). No response. I went and spoke with the sherriffs department. A few sergeants and deputies. They suggested that I contact Wisconsin. Tell them the situation and remove his name from the title. Which I did. That way I can report it stolen and have it for court. So the title I currently have is the original title because Wisconsin removed his name and the issued me a new title, registration, stick and plates. So I found out yesterday where my jeep is or so I thought and who has it. His mother took possession of my jeep. Did not contact me in anyway. I assumed after his passing his parents were the ones to take care of anything for him. His father told me she had my jeep. I called her, left voicemails, texted her and sent a certified letter. .No response from her. I drove down and went to her home. Of course she avoided me. I spoke to her current husband. I was informed they sold my jeep. They claim my friend borrowed money from his mom. So after he passed away she took the old invalid title that she found in his home and decided to sell my jeep. I informed them what they did is illegal. Forged a signature and sold a vehicle. So now I am suing them and I am reporting the Jeep illegally sold. I don't live in that area. I'm a few hours away. I have to drive down. I got legal advice on what I have to do. I ran a vehicle history report. My current title shows up but nothing from who purchased the Jeep. I would like to find who purchased the Jeep because I have questions. That will help my court case. The jeep is not titled in Florida. I don't know where the Jeep is or has it. Maybe someone will see my post and know who has it or who purchased it. will reach out. Deceitful people that are out there.

What a story.

You are handling it well- and keep that aggressive posture.

They can claim ignorance but the title you have will likely stand. That “original” is much in your favor as it makes any duplication appears aggregious.

Here is what will likely happen-

First the sell money is likely gone, and likely they sellers are not very upstanding folks, this is evident -

Now they are in hot water-

The jeep will resurface, ideally impounded and awarded to you. Maybe, hopefully, in the process that grill gets taken too🙃

The court will order the jeep returned to you or equal value paid ...which they likely dont have

Then they will be in a bind with the purchaser-

How long will this take ? Not sure, out of state deals are tough and 2 good attorneys, one each state, may be an a good idea.

I have a deal right now where a shop took 30,000 dollars on a jeep and did nothing. I’d gladly trade headaches ...maybe.

Hate this happened. What they did was wrong and if it were partly his they would only be entitled to 50 percent of the value, maybe- and needed your signature to sell-

Likely forged your name on the old invalid title is a guess.

Be great if Chris can somehow alert all florida members near you to watch for it too.

sounds like a trip to florida to retrieve your jeep once it’s locate

What a story.

You are handling it well- and keep that aggressive posture.

They can claim ignorance but the title you have will likely stand. That “original” is much in your favor as it makes any duplication appears aggregious.

Here is what will likely happen-

First the sell money is likely gone, and likely they sellers are not very upstanding folks, this is evident -

Now they are in hot water-

The jeep will resurface, ideally impounded and awarded to you. Maybe, hopefully, in the process that grill gets taken too🙃

The court will order the jeep returned to you or equal value paid ...which they likely dont have

Then they will be in a bind with the purchaser-

How long will this take ? Not sure, out of state deals are tough and 2 good attorneys, one each state, may be an a good idea.

I have a deal right now where a shop took 30,000 dollars on a jeep and did nothing. I’d gladly trade headaches ...maybe.

Hate this happened. What they did was wrong and if it were partly his they would only be entitled to 50 percent of the value, maybe- and needed your signature to sell-

Likely forged your name on the old invalid title is a guess.

Be great if Chris can somehow alert all florida members near you to watch for it too.

Wisconsin law states if there are two people on a title with each other, one dies the other is automatically the responsible party. Even if I had the original title by law I would be legally responsible. His parents would not be entitled. Now in Florida they could be entitled if the Jeep was titled in Florida which it is not. I spoke with civil court, and the sherriff's. Thet both told me remove his name because technically it falls under civil. The sherriff's usually don't get involved in civil. They try not to. They said if I found the Jeep they would get involved. They said remove his name and then I can report it stolen. I don't think the Jeep is in Florida. If it is it can't be titled there. The vin is flagged in Florida.
They have the money to pay me for the Jeep. They should do it. They are not decent people at all. My name was definitely forged on the title because the stepdad stated to me the title was legit it and it was signed. I told him you illegally sold my jeep, signed my name. I didn't sign anything. His response how are you going to prove anything. I said I have the current title and all of the paperwork in my hands. My signature is on file with Wisconsin and in Florida. Since the driver licenses link up in every state, everyone's signature is on file now. One way or another I will end up with a jeep. If I don't get mine back I will get the money from them through the court. You don't want to trade headaches with me. Mine are migraines ha ha.

Wisconsin law states if there are two people on a title with each other, one dies the other is automatically the responsible party. Even if I had the original title by law I would be legally responsible. His parents would not be entitled. Now in Florida they could be entitled if the Jeep was titled in Florida which it is not. I spoke with civil court, and the sherriff's. Thet both told me remove his name because technically it falls under civil. The sherriff's usually don't get involved in civil. They try not to. They said if I found the Jeep they would get involved. They said remove his name and then I can report it stolen. I don't think the Jeep is in Florida. If it is it can't be titled there. The vin is flagged in Florida.
They have the money to pay me for the Jeep. They should do it. They are not decent people at all. My name was definitely forged on the title because the stepdad stated to me the title was legit it and it was signed. I told him you illegally sold my jeep, signed my name. I didn't sign anything. His response how are you going to prove anything. I said I have the current title and all of the paperwork in my hands. My signature is on file with Wisconsin and in Florida. Since the driver licenses link up in every state, everyone's signature is on file now. One way or another I will end up with a jeep. If I don't get mine back I will get the money from them through the court. You don't want to trade headaches with me. Mine are migraines ha ha.

...you’re handling it very well.

You need to be proud of yourself.

You’re talking to the right people and you’re going about it the right way-

I’m going to add I don’t know what it is about Florida- seems it attracts a lot of sketchy people. I wonder if it because the beach life takes money and it attracts Alabama rednecks that act the same way here.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidBT