Jeeps parking next to other cool things!

I used to haul cargo barges with food aid for Caribbean and Central/South American nations into and out of Jacinto Port right across the river from the old girl about ten years ago. Was never there long enough to take a tour. Still on my bucket list. Glad to hear she’s finally getting a long overdue yard period.

Reactions: Mudflat
Our '99 Sahara parked beside the oldest member of our fleet, a 1921 Chevrolet 490 roadster-pickup.

1921 Chevrolet and '99 Jeep 2021-05-17.JPG

My LJ next to a Croman Corp. S-61 firefighting helicopter at Double Eagle II airport near Albuquerque, NM. Before it was modified for fighting fires with an internal water/retardant tank this aircraft was a Navy SH-3H Sea King antisubmarine/SAR/utility helicopter. I spent 17 years in the Navy as a NavalAircrewman/Rescue Swimmer in H-3's and I flew as a crew chief in this bird on a number of occasions. It was nice to see an old friend still out there saving lives and property, over 50 years after it was built. Also note the Army Chinook in the background, drooping with jealousy because my Jeep isn't parked next to it.

20220428_181307.jpg

My LJ next to a Croman Corp. S-61 firefighting helicopter at Double Eagle II airport near Albuquerque, NM. Before it was modified for fighting fires with an internal water/retardant tank this aircraft was a Navy SH-3H Sea King antisubmarine/SAR/utility helicopter. I spent 17 years in the Navy as a NavalAircrewman/Rescue Swimmer in H-3's and I flew as a crew chief in this bird on a number of occasions. It was nice to see an old friend still out there saving lives and property, over 50 years after it was built. Also note the Army Chinook in the background, drooping with jealousy because my Jeep isn't parked next to it.

View attachment 326431

Thank you for your service and I bet you there are people out there that really thank you when you got them out of the water-

I am sure it was not all fun and games but I appreciate that there people like you that can do the job and will.

Very cool pics.

Last edited: