Colorado Krew Hangout

Good to know, I hadn't really looked at WF until Tyler and Josh mentioned that's where the Jeeptober trip was organized.

The yearly Ouray trip is a blast, though I haven't been since 2015. Moved out of state, moved back in state, switched jobs, and then just to busy at work. I was bummed this year, I had my reservation set, my vacation approved, then my boss quit unexpectedly and there was just to many pieces to pick up at work that I couldnt leave for a week:mad:

Does NM have much to offer? It is a gorgeous state IMO but I haven't read anything on offroading there.

One of these seasons I want to try Morrison Jeep Trail up in Wyoming.

Does NM have much to offer? It is a gorgeous state IMO but I haven't read anything on offroading there.

One of these seasons I want to try Morrison Jeep Trail up in Wyoming.

The map appears sparse compared to what we are used to, but take a look near Socorro/Escondida south of Albuqurque. Lots of Moderate to Severe ratings.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/states/NM
Its a 7-8 hour drive, only a couple hours further than Moab. Either way, the travel day is still going to be a travel day.

Reactions: rasband and tworley
Well, I threw the soft top back on for the winter:confused: Had it off since mid-may. Fun while it lasted. In other news, I received my new rear fenders to keep the snow and ice down this winter! Hoping to get them painted this weekend since the temperatures will be right
20191021_164523.jpg

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
If the snow doesn't get too thick, is there any interest in a Gulches run near Colorado Springs before Thanksgiving? I quickly ran through Illinois Gulch last Saturday and wouldn't mind spending more time testing and playing on Little Moab Hill.

Reactions: Rescue6
If the snow doesn't get too thick, is there any interest in a Gulches run near Colorado Springs before Thanksgiving? I quickly ran through Illinois Gulch last Saturday and wouldn't mind spending more time testing and playing on Little Moab Hill.
I’ve never even been up there would I be alright stock height?

Reactions: rasband
Reactions: Zaythedad
I'm in for it, although my jeep is currently at the edge automotive, they are doing some diagnostic work to see if they can figure out why it jeeps cracking exhaust manifolds.

Reactions: jjvw
I only have Saturday this weekend and Sunday the following. Let's see how the snow and manifolds pan out.

One more run this year would be nice. Then I want to mess with my center skid.

I guess 10/27 then of the two days this weekend :D Saturday is booked out, but don't plan around me if others can make it. I really gotta burn more fuel to swap the GTS.

Reactions: jjvw
It's currently 90° here in Phoenix 😎

If your shooting for this weekend then count me out. I need to wrap up the wiring for my OBA as well as paint the remaining rear fender. Also hitting up Monet on Saturday because I have a bunch of class and taste (really though my wife is making me go(still pretty excited))

.... Also hitting up Monet on Saturday because I have a bunch of class and taste (really though my wife is making me go)

If you can tune into the scientific aspects of the work, it's a bit more fun. Photography was still new in his time and the idea of capturing light was a new way of viewing the world as something separate from the actual subject matter. Abstract painting came from here and it happened fast.

This was also a time when art began to shift away from recording the wealthy through portraits (again photography) and representing highbrow topics from history and literature. Instead, Monet and others were looking at farms, factories, bars and hookers. This was the early stages of dirty lowbrow subject matter being explored through art and music. The 1880's weren't that long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley and rasband