JKS quick disconnect knock offs

eastbloc

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Recently ordered JKS quick disconnect sway bar links, and that is when fun started.
I managed to strip head on two 8.8 bolts that connect links to the sway bar, deform other two that connect link bracket to the sway bar and snap rings off the pins.
Bolts call for 40 ft-lb of torque, i screwed them in snugly before using a torque wrench. Left side went in no issues, right side stripped as if it was made out of plastic. i made a decision to pull them out and replace with hex head from hardware store - NOPE... left side head stripped while trying to unscrew it.
Proceeded with drilling them out.
Two bolts that held brackets to the sway bar almost stripped too, luckily nylon lock nuts came undone before that happened.
PXL_20221216_184331117~2.jpg

While pushing one of the pins into the post (mount), its ring snapped out of it. While pulling the other one, it ripped right out of the pin.
PXL_20221216_184318001~2.jpg

Got them on Amazon, and back to Amazon it went.
During the return process i saw a suggestion for another set quick disconnects, identical looking to JKS, its called Nexus for $99. I thought to myself, wtf, lets order it and compare to JKS before i ship them back. While ordering Nexus brand, another no name look a like showed up for $85, so i ordered it too. Both came in today, and both are identical copies of JKS, all parts are interchangeable and they include quality hardware. Pins are much beefier and 8.8 bolts are actually 8.8, i have applied 55 ft-lb of torque on two of them and they were holding.

I kept one knock off and returned the other. During the return, Amazon suggested another knock off for $60. I have not tested it, but i am sure they are all identical.
So, if you were eyeing JKS quick disconnects, but could not justify their retarded price of $150 - there are identical alternatives, cheaper and with better hardware.

I have no dog in the JKS fight, but I'd wonder if you got someone that bought the JKS and a knockoff, then returned the knockoff as the JKS. Most people processing these returns won't care.

Though the dutch auction on similar (the same) items is definitely a good bit interesting. I've seen things like this on the same post, but never across UPCs.

I have no dog in the JKS fight, but I'd wonder if you got someone that bought the JKS and a knockoff, then returned the knockoff as the JKS. Most people processing these returns won't care.

Though the dutch auction on similar (the same) items is definitely a good bit interesting. I've seen things like this on the same post, but never across UPCs.

What i do know is that makers are purposefully closing eyes on quality control since covid. Good name, bad name, don't matter, every brand across the board is pushing everything on to the shelf. I shop in bulk this days, because 3 out of 5 parts, sensors, tools, logic boards or even clothes are almost guarantee to be defective.
The old saying of "buy once, cry once" or "you get what you paid for" holds no value anymore.
Made in USA? More like get screwed for x10 times the price of chinesium.
Life time guarantee? More like 1 year till they file for bankruptcy after doing some sketchy things.

Real reason behind it? I don't care, because in the end i am the one wasting hours on drilling bolts out in this freezing weather and then wasting time and energy on recouping my $.

Anyone wanted decent quick disconnects for $60-80, they are out there.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Reactions: James9100
What i do know is that makers are purposefully closing eyes on quality control since covid. Good name, bad name, don't matter, every brand across the board is pushing everything on to the shelf. I shop in bulk this days, because 3 out of 5 parts, sensors, tools, logic boards or even clothes are almost guarantee to be defective.
The old saying of "buy once, cry once" or "you get what you paid for" holds no value anymore.
Made in USA? More like get screwed for x10 times the price of chinesium.
Life time guarantee? More like 1 year till they file for bankruptcy after doing some sketchy things.

Real reason behind it? I don't care, because in the end i am the one wasting hours on drilling bolts out in this freezing weather and then wasting time and energy on recouping my $.

Anyone wanted decent quick disconnects for $60-80, they are out there.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Does Florida get freezing weather, or are you being hyperbolic?

• Haha
Reactions: Artsifrtsi and Ocho
Does Florida get freezing weather, or are you being hyperbolic?

Actually.... Florida does on occasion get freezing weather.
The Artic Blast that is coming later this week is supposed to bring temperatures down in the mid to low 20's.
Since I have lived here; the coldest temperatures I have witnessed were around 32*.

The Artic Blast that is coming later this week is supposed to bring temperatures down in the mid to low 20's.
Since I have lived here; the coldest temperatures I have witnessed were around 32*.

I was living outside of Orlando when Challenger blew up. Yep it gets cold in Florida!!!!!

For the extra money, isn't the actual brand, that will defend their reputation, much more worth the hassle of the return and try again game? In my experience, the buy once cry once equation still works well... but then I don't shop for cheap ass budged chinese knock off crap to try to save a few bucks. (plus, I'd rather pay a little more to know that someone in the U.S is employed...)

I was living outside of Orlando when Challenger blew up. Yep it gets cold in Florida!!!!!

I was in Jacksonville when that happened... the whole school was outside watching when it happened...

• Sad
Reactions: John Cooper
Not in FL at the moment, but yes it gets cold in FL.
It has that humidity/dampness effect, thermometer says one things but it feels 15 degree hotter/colder depending on the season.

Recently ordered JKS quick disconnect sway bar links, and that is when fun started.
I managed to strip head on two 8.8 bolts that connect links to the sway bar, deform other two that connect link bracket to the sway bar and snap rings off the pins.
Bolts call for 40 ft-lb of torque, i screwed them in snugly before using a torque wrench. Left side went in no issues, right side stripped as if it was made out of plastic. i made a decision to pull them out and replace with hex head from hardware store - NOPE... left side head stripped while trying to unscrew it.
Proceeded with drilling them out.
Two bolts that held brackets to the sway bar almost stripped too, luckily nylon lock nuts came undone before that happened.
View attachment 385470

While pushing one of the pins into the post (mount), its ring snapped out of it. While pulling the other one, it ripped right out of the pin.
View attachment 385471

Got them on Amazon, and back to Amazon it went.
During the return process i saw a suggestion for another set quick disconnects, identical looking to JKS, its called Nexus for $99. I thought to myself, wtf, lets order it and compare to JKS before i ship them back. While ordering Nexus brand, another no name look a like showed up for $85, so i ordered it too. Both came in today, and both are identical copies of JKS, all parts are interchangeable and they include quality hardware. Pins are much beefier and 8.8 bolts are actually 8.8, i have applied 55 ft-lb of torque on two of them and they were holding.

I kept one knock off and returned the other. During the return, Amazon suggested another knock off for $60. I have not tested it, but i am sure they are all identical.
So, if you were eyeing JKS quick disconnects, but could not justify their retarded price of $150 - there are identical alternatives, cheaper and with better hardware.
Coming from Amazon, I'd be questioning if the JKS were actually JKS. Amazon is loaded with counterfeits. I no longer buy "Mopar OEM" on Amazon.

For the extra money, isn't the actual brand, that will defend their reputation, much more worth the hassle of the return and try again game?

The problem may be Amazon. Micro-Start Antigravity jump packs had problems with counterfeit products using their name being sold on Amazon. They started adding a serial number to each unit to verify it was theirs.

I think @AndyG got some of the knockoffs by mistake, he said they are good quality and work good.

I cannot tell any difference- And I’m not one to try to beat the system on suspension parts. I really think they are coming from the same place because who in the world would tool up to manufacture something that is relatively obscure in the automotive world.

Reactions: John Cooper

Screenshot 2022-12-20 075835.png

The NE corner of the state is preparing for temps reaching -50🥶