JL / JT wheels on a TJ

jm34tj

I’m trying to determine whether or not the JL wheels off a Willys would fit a TJ. As far as I know looking at the Rubicon JL wheel swaps on other TJ’s you need the lug adapters, but before I pull the plug I want to know if there’s anything else I’d need - what are y’all’s thoughts?

D6176DEB-C67F-4BD4-885F-D779F72BB805.jpg

When I bought my LJ it had JK wheels and tires on it using adapters. Had vibration above 50 mph that could not get rid of. Had balanced twice at Discount tire with no luck. Took to tire store in Pagosa Springs and owner said probably should find some wheels off a rubicon, which I did. Fixed vibration. I would be careful adding adapters.

If properly set, adapters/spacers cause no issues. I can tell that both from personal experience and from other Jeeps that have them, in which I have ridden shotgun both on and off the road.

And this come from someone who has currently vibration issues and is (a bit :rolleyes:) OCD with these things. ;)

Reactions: MeanGreen86
I’m trying to determine whether or not the JL wheels off a Willys would fit a TJ. As far as I know looking at the Rubicon JL wheel swaps on other TJ’s you need the lug adapters, but before I pull the plug I want to know if there’s anything else I’d need - what are y’all’s thoughts?

View attachment 314187

In terms of looks: I love these wheels!

In terms of practicality: As many here, far more experience than me have said, I do agree that a 17'' rim is not the way to go unless you have maybe 35'', if you take the Jeep offroad.

This, along with the tiny backspacing (5'' including the 1.25'' from the adapters) I ended up with the MOAB JK wheels, made me to change them after spending some time and money to learn the hard way.

I don't know the backspacing of the above mentioned JL wheels, but do check and then add the one of the adapter to have a complete view of the end result.

Finally, search around as I have seen various threads that mention this conversion.

Good Luck!