Just got this ARB deflator

Crap. I should of asked. I’m not beyond returning. This one looks complicated for my brain. 😂
If your wheeling areas arent very diverse and you only need one set pressure then Coyotes are fine. And they are fine if its important to you to save a minute or two per tire so you can stand around waiting for your friends to air down.

If you drive on varying terrain from very rutted rutted dirt roads to rocks to dry sugar sand where its good to be able to set your pressure differently each day and adjust throughout the day then you did just fine.

Reactions: pagrey
I only have so many squats I can do in a day, if I don't have to do 4 at my tires, that leaves a few for other more important things like squatting next to the guy working on his trail fix to give him massive amounts of crap for being a fucktard.
I'd subscribe pay to watch this channel

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
I just got this new toy in the mail 😀. Who has this? Seemed to be the way to go. How ya like it. I have to figure out how it works now.
Tell me about it if ya want. Or did I waste my money? Lol

View attachment 315912
Those are great. One advantage they have over Coyote’s is you can air down to Whatever pressure you want. Coyote’s are pre-set and you’d have to change that to go to a different pressure, which could be inconvenient.

Take a look at a Valve core and ask yourself if it would be a good idea to be removing them time and time again.
Then ask yourself did you get it tight when you put it back and is the seal still in good condition.

Those are great. One advantage they have over Coyote’s is you can air down to Whatever pressure you want. Coyote’s are pre-set and you’d have to change that to go to a different pressure, which could be inconvenient.
Also think about how air pressure works at various altitudes. I need to still calibrate my Coyote's, because they sure are convenient.

Reactions: JMT
Also think about how air pressure works at various altitudes. I need to still calibrate my Coyote's, because they sure are convenient.
I don’t change elevation much, but altitude surely affects air pressure. I remember going to CO when I was 18 and into competitive tennis. The elevation difference from TX to CO was quite large. It took 30 minutes to adjust my stroke to keep the balls in the court. They were flying into the fence like crazy. Weirdest feeling.

My Coyote’s are semi-precise. I set them for 10psi and later I find them ranging from 8-10psi. Not as good as I had hoped for. I will probably end up with an ARB as well. Having both would be ideal for any elevation and any terrain.

If your wheeling areas arent very diverse and you only need one set pressure then Coyotes are fine. And they are fine if its important to you to save a minute or two per tire so you can stand around waiting for your friends to air down.

If you drive on varying terrain from very rutted rutted dirt roads to rocks to dry sugar sand where its good to be able to set your pressure differently each day and adjust throughout the day then you did just fine.
I’ve been using the arb a lot now. I have to say once I got it down. This is one tool that will always be in my jeep. I love it. And the squats oh man. Lol. I can air down all 4 quickly prior to a run. Snap!

Doesn't matter what you air down to, it has to be checked and lowered again anyway. What would vary that much from 8 psi for a 35 that would make the Coyotes inconvenient?

Take a look at a Valve core and ask yourself if it would be a good idea to be removing them time and time again.
Then ask yourself did you get it tight when you put it back and is the seal still in good condition.
I air down by removing the valve core. I've never had a single issue in 100's of times airing down. And it wouldn't matter if I did since I carry spares as should everyone.

Doesn't matter what you air down to, it has to be checked and lowered again anyway. What would vary that much from 8 psi for a 35 that would make the Coyotes inconvenient?
Wanting to add more air pressure, like 12psi and you’re at 8. Then you need to do all the little 1/4” turns, air your tires up to road pressures, then deflate and test till you get them right. Personally I don’t know why anyone would want to do that. I’m fine with 8-10psi on any terrain so some deviation is acceptable, but some people are afraid to go below 18, 15 or 12. I think it’s goofy.

Wanting to add more air pressure, like 12psi and you’re at 8. Personally I don’t know why anyone would want to do that. I’m fine with 8-10psi on any terrain, but some people are afraid to go below 18, 15 or 12. I think it’s goofy.
I’m still struggling to get below 15. But for what I do it’s working. I’m going to get on some knarlier stuff soon so 12 it will be. I will see.

I’m still struggling to get below 15. But for what I do it’s working. I’m going to get on some knarlier stuff soon so 12 it will be. I will see.
10 will be awesome‘r

Reactions: DEValken
I bought mine calibrated for 12 and one of them is still going at 8. I don't know what the expected calibration interval is but it's been two years so I guess I'm ok with that.

2 downing me man? 😂 I’m scared.
Some rims may be more prone to losing a bead, but I’ve never lost a bead and I’ve been running 8-10psi for 5 years. There are certain conditions that make it more likely that you will lose a bead, such as going down a ledge with the wheels at full lock in one direction and one tire comes down first by itself. You can avoid these situations if you know what you are doing.

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ