Just got this ARB deflator

In our world, 10 may as well be street pressure.

When we finished Pritchett and thought we would be on smoother roads all the way home, I aired up to about 15psi. Then the road became rough again for a very long time. I had to go back down to 8psi maintain any tolerable speed with any sense of comfort.

You people who are afraid to actually air down into the single digits, I don't know how you put up with it.

I did my typical 8psi in Moab and didn't lose a bead this year. One tire even has a slow leak that put the psi far lower for much of the day and it still held.
What ever happened to your MambaMR1X rims? You’re running 17” Moab’s now, right?

When we finished Pritchett and thought we would be on smoother roads all the way home, I aired up to about 15psi. Then the road became rough again for a very long time. I had to go back down to 8psi maintain any tolerable speed with any sense of comfort.

You people who are afraid to actually air down into the single digits, I don't know how you put up with it.
Stay aired down until 191. That road out is the worst part of Pritchett.

Some rims may be more prone to losing a bead, but I’ve never lost a bead and I’ve been running 8-10psi for 5 years. There are certain conditions that make it more likely that you will lose a bead, such as going down a ledge with the wheels at full lock in one direction and one tire comes down first by itself. You can avoid these situations if you know what you are doing.
I have heard of that. I think for my little 32s 7” wheel better for that as opposed to 8” my tires are 7.5 at rim. If that’s the correct way to designate. Again for the record at 15 them dudes are like marshmallows. Works.

What ever happened to your MambaMR1X rims? You’re running 17” Moab’s now, right?
The Mamba project officially died when I decided to convert to lockout hubs. As soon as I can get a set of 35x17" MTRs, the 15" wheels are going away.

Reactions: JMT and rasband
Depends on the trails. Several miles at 65 mph is a lot on 5 psi.
Depends on how long the drive on pavement is. I can air up quickly and I don't have the courage to go 70mph for very far at 8psi. 🤣
I drive 50mph max on 10psi. I think the farthest we drove to a trailhead was Elephant Hill. It’s close to a whole tank of gas out and back. I did air up to drive back from that one.

I drive 50mph max on 10psi. I think the farthest we drove to a trailhead was Elephant Hill. It’s close to a whole tank of gas out and back. I did air up to drive back from that one.
Took the rig on the trailer for our recent elephant hill run, way easier.

Reactions: JMT
We were approaching 50mph at 8psi on the sand washes.

Reactions: Apparition and JMT
We were approaching 50mph at 8psi on the sand washes.
Those washes can be fun! Breaks things up, but I still prefer obstacle after obstacle. Really missed going this year. 😩

Reactions: Apparition
Do y’all run 2-4lb with beadlocks or Coyote’s?
No, we run within a 1 psi range centered around 8 typically to make the MTR's work on the rocks. Doesn't matter if you have bead locks or not, if you aren't able to get up the obstacles because your tires don't work, are you really going to argue with me about PSI?

BTW- the Coyotes are bead locks, they are just better than most bead locks because they lock both beads in place, not just the outer.