Kinetic Recovery Rope Recommendation

That doesn’t make sense to me. Please explain what you mean.
You recover vehicles as gently as possible with them. Start with a slow tug of maybe 1mph. Then speed up to 2 or 3 mph. Then try again a little bit faster. If I remember correctly never exceed 5 mph. After that more shovel work or a different method is needed. Mashing the throttle is unnecessary and dangerous because of the forces involved.

I ordered the Zorba rope in case someone gets stuck on the beach when we go down to Puerto Lobos in April. I ordered the 7/8" so I can maybe use it with my 8,800 lb. truck too.

Reactions: Zorba
Yeah, there is no need for a kinetic in the rocks IMO. Just asking for damage and or injury. Winch or static with a slow pull.

You have no control with the pent up kinetic energy of a kinetic rope. They have a specific purpose which they are very food for.
I have yet to get one because the cheap ones only say that they are nylon and many reviews question their stretching ability and the expensive ones cost too damn much. Also just because they say Made in USA does not mean that the base rope is. Hoping BMB comes out with one. I have their soft shackles and they work great.

I have yet to get one because the cheap ones only say that they are nylon and many reviews question their stretching ability and the expensive ones cost too damn much.
You can easily make one by buying rope, a fid, and watching a YouTube video. Double braid nylon rope isn't exactly a mystery since its been around for use in various industries for a very long time.

Reactions: bucky and JMT