Colorado Krew Hangout

Didn't even catch that before. I am not the wittiest person you'll meet

Well fortunately I finally got all the parts to do the locker relocation (I went to 4 different auto parts stores before finding enough contiguous vacuum tube). Hopefully by then I can wrap up the Savvy belly and not have ungodly vibes since UCAs and a DS aren't quite yet in the cards.

Hopefully Mike will like the new stance :D

I went to 4 different auto parts stores before finding enough contiguous vacuum tube

Related, avoid the OReilly's on Broadway and just south of Littleton high school. The kid tried to convince me that the "gates rubber" made a standard vacuum tube 10x the price. The 12' was quoted at 68$ until I made him go double check and he laughed about 10xing the price...

I told him I am not paying $68 for vacuum tube, even if it's made of gold before he would go double check and stop trying to convince me that I was wrong... I would have avoided the place all together if I hadn't struggled to find it near me for the last few days.

Last edited:
If you go to the Advance near Colfax/York, they let in behind the counter and cut your own tube. Sometimes they even let you decide the price.

Reactions: rasband
I am not super worried about the price within a decent margin - I was just pissed that the kid laughed off being off and trying to explain away 10x the price.

I am not super worried about the price within a decent margin - I was just pissed that the kid laughed off being off and trying to explain away 10x the price.
Maybe trying to pocket a few bucks.

The advanced auto down the street from me let me go in back and cut my own hose when I replaced vacuum hoses on my motorcycle

Maybe trying to pocket a few bucks.

The advanced auto down the street from me let me go in back and cut my own hose when I replaced vacuum hoses on my motorcycle

I think he just didn't hive a shit and it was a job to him. He would have had to do it out of the system to pocket anything.

Unrelated, anyone want to help me get this savvy skid in? A work party would push this pretty quick and get me away from the kid duties to make it actually happen.

I think he just didn't hive a shit and it was a job to him. He would have had to do it out of the system to pocket anything.

Unrelated, anyone want to help me get this savvy skid in? A work party would push this pretty quick and get me away from the kid duties to make it actually happen.

When you wanting to get it done?

I should be free to help out. A second set of hands always helps

I have your number from the steering skid exchange - mind if I text you there @tworley?

Anyone else is welcome, part of me is on the part of added hands and a deadline helps knock this out.

Just let me know beers you like and any food issues (as long as you eat meat, I pretty much only cook meat and potatoes - rabbit food is out back).

I have your number from the steering skid exchange - mind if I text you there @tworley?

Anyone else is welcome, part of me is on the part of added hands and a deadline helps knock this out.

Just let me know beers you like and any food issues (as long as you eat meat, I pretty much only cook meat and potatoes - rabbit food is out back).

Yep. Feel free. I need to chat with my wife to make sure we have nothing planned but I am pretty sure we dont.

Researching more I think the Savvy skid will be a late winter project unfortunately. I’d rather do it right and do the CAs and get a Tom Woods DS.

In the mean time I’ll do the locker relocation and save up for the CA set - seems worthwhile to buy them all at once.

I’m interested if anyone local has cut and welded up their OEM gas skid to push the tank up into the frame and has opinions on that vs the alternatives?

I’m interested if anyone local has cut and welded up their OEM gas skid to push the tank up into the frame and has opinions on that vs the alternatives?

Mine is cut and raised. It's free. Someday I want to switch to Savvy. The height increase would only be another 1/2", but I'm starting to need the strength improvement.

Researching more I think the Savvy skid will be a late winter project unfortunately. I’d rather do it right and do the CAs and get a Tom Woods DS.

In the mean time I’ll do the locker relocation and save up for the CA set - seems worthwhile to buy them all at once.

Good call. The savvy will almost certainly cause vibes if you dont have CAs or a DC shaft. Let me know the new date, I can still help when you decide to do it.

Your stock skid will work fine for Jeeptober (if you still plan on attending).

Mine is cut and raised. It's free. Someday I want to switch to Savvy. The height increase would only be another 1/2", but I'm starting to need the strength improvement.

I am surprised you have waited this long. Though, it looks like their price on the GTS went up. When I bought mine it was right at $300, its now at $359

Do you recall the added clearance when you did this, and as far as making it happen - is it just a grinding wheel and welder to pull out some chunk of the middle segment?

For background, I am looking into options for when I drop my tank eventually to fix the filler stopper problem (yes, the real fix - not the GM hose). I'd prefer to do all the projects at once than have to drop it multiple times.