Colorado Krew Hangout

Sounds good! It is a good bit away, making it an overnight trip would be fun

BasicBonyHare-size_restricted.gif

Definitely want to try Blanca, we've been talking about it for a couple of years now. If we're thinking end of the summer I'll go ahead and say I am traveling Sept 24-Oct 10. But any weekend before/after those dates I should be able to make it work.

I'm mostly joking. Last we looked into it, it was an overnight trip. It feels like an end of summer deal.

Overnight is definitely the way to go. Especially if people actually want to summit Blanca. I also like end of summer to avoid lots of the bugs and heat.

Reactions: rasband
I would definitely be in for this run. Like Tworley I am traveling in September so a late August run would be best for me.

Are you doing that right now

I sent off my PCM to have SKIM disabled, while it's gone I'm refreshing my water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc. I would have waited until the swap for those things but I'm doing a camping trip the weekend before the swap so they had to just get done. Swap is the weekend of the 23rd.

I sent off my PCM to have SKIM disabled, while it's gone I'm refreshing my water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc. I would have waited until the swap for those things but I'm doing a camping trip the weekend before the swap so they had to just get done. Swap is the weekend of the 23rd.

Is the 42 hard to find too?

I'm not sure. Blaine knows a guy looking for a manual and is in an 06LJR - so we are literally swapping everything necessary parked side by side until we are both set. It's honestly an ideal scenario as he's also based in CO.

Wow yeah okay that's as good as it can get. Good deal for both of you lol

Reactions: rasband
Amazing pics, what day was this?

Yeah my friend did it I think, he's been up twice this year. He mentioned some rock blocking the trail last time

This was on the 4th. It was a pretty heavy rain at the bottom near Echo Lake, but once we got to the top the skies had cleared and the sun was out.

Reactions: lBasket