Land Rover wheels on Jeep TJ?

James Rowe

I was wondering if anyone has ever put Landrover Wheels on their Jeep TJ using wheel spacers. We found some really unique wheels for a Landrover Defender Calle LRI XTR1 but the bolt pattern is 5x165. I found a set of wheel adapters that are 5x114.3 to 5x165 which should convert the lugs correctly. Anyone ever put Landrover wheels on a Jeep?

08473F65-A70B-4A6D-9C40-5DEC102B8D6F.png

A5FFED62-4AC5-4683-95FC-5C28202BE0D8.png

I haven't, but I am using adapters to run JK wheels on my TJ. No issue for me. The one thing to figure out is what your backspacing (or offset, depending on how you think) will be. The stock TJ wheels are 5.5" backspacing (or 5" if you have a Rubicon) You would measure the BS of the new wheels, then add the thickness of the spacer to get your BS for the new set-up.

The wheels are pretty cool. I say do it!

I haven't, but I am using adapters to run JK wheels on my TJ. No issue for me. The one thing to figure out is what your backspacing (or offset, depending on how you think) will be. The stock TJ wheels are 5.5" backspacing (or 5" if you have a Rubicon) You would measure the BS of the new wheels, then add the thickness of the spacer to get your BS for the new set-up.

The wheels are pretty cool. I say do it!

Ranger, maybe you can tell me if they are going to fit right. The wheels are 18”x8” ET10 with 4.6” backspacing. The wheel adapters are 30mm wide. So I am thinking with the spacers at 30mm and the ET10 positive offset they should be just fine. Just trying to get some confirmation from the experts on the site here, before I order them from England and have the spacers fabricated. Thanks

Just make sure you look at some pictures of TJ’s on 18”s prior to ordering them if you have not already. I’m not crazy about anything over 16” on a TJ and I think most agree. They might be great looking wheels, but might not look great in that size on your vehicle.

If you like the look of 18”s on TJ’s, there is nothing wrong with that. It’s your ride.

Ranger, maybe you can tell me if they are going to fit right. The wheels are 18”x8” ET10 with 4.6” backspacing. The wheel adapters are 30mm wide. So I am thinking with the spacers at 30mm and the ET10 positive offset they should be just fine. Just trying to get some confirmation from the experts on the site here, before I order them from England and have the spacers fabricated. Thanks
4.6" BS plus 30 mm (or ~1.125") for the adapter is going to put your BS just under 3.5" Its not unheard of to run that much, but its starting to get out there a ways. Expect to shorten the lift of your ball joints and hub bearings...Most aftermarket wheels are in the 3.75 - 4 inch range. Factory TJ wheels are 5.5 for the 15" wheels and 5" for the 16" wheels.

Hello - just caught sight of this - Jimmybits in the UK do conversion hubs like spacers which allow CJ hubs to run Land Rover defender wheels - same bolt spacing and hub size so nearly any series and defender rim plus discovery 1 rims will fit a CJ - I’ve got Mach 5 plus 265 75 16 Maxxis - BFG MTs are nice too - hope this helps
Adam

Just make sure you look at some pictures of TJ’s on 18”s prior to ordering them if you have not already. I’m not crazy about anything over 16” on a TJ and I think most agree. They might be great looking wheels, but might not look great in that size on your vehicle.

If you like the look of 18”s on TJ’s, there is nothing wrong with that. It’s your ride.
18" wheels would never make it onto my TJ. That's just too big for a TJ in my personal opinion.