LED backup lights

I got a set and was super excited to install them - then I remembered I swapped my rear tail lights to Quadratec LEDs! 🤦‍♂️
I’m going to try to rig both of these up in a single housing with a third brake light. Anybody have a spare tail light housing? 😬

I got a set and was super excited to install them - then I remembered I swapped my rear tail lights to Quadratec LEDs! 🤦‍♂️
I’m going to try to rig both of these up in a single housing with a third brake light. Anybody have a spare tail light housing? 😬

I’ve got a pair of housings but the pigtails are missing. PM me if you are interested.

Question: If you wanted to use these strong reverse lights for general rear illumination while stopped but you wanted to leave the engine running when you got out and you have a manual transmission how could you do it?

Answer: With the engine still running, put the transfer case in neutral, the shifter in reverse, and the e-brake on for safety. Then you can step out.

Question: If you wanted to use these strong reverse lights for general rear illumination while stopped but you wanted to leave the engine running when you got out and you have a manual transmission how could you do it?

Answer: With the engine still running, put the transfer case in neutral, the shifter in reverse, and the e-brake on for safety. Then you can step out.

That would work.
You could also wire in a switch to power them separately thru the reverse switch circuit.

That would work.
You could also wire in a switch to power them separately thru the reverse switch circuit.

I knew a guy who would turn on his reverse lights at stoplights and then lay rubber forward at the green. Freaked out anyone behind him 😂

I knew a guy who would turn on his reverse lights at stoplights and then lay rubber forward at the green. Freaked out anyone behind him 😂

I could have done that in my 300 RWHP 65' retromod Mustang, but the only way I could lay rubber with my TJ is to toss the spare tire onto the street.
1717352707568.png

Last edited: