Do you have a link to that switch on Amazon? Switches are normally a very simple thing go draw a schematic for but that one was drawn in a very confusing manner and not per industry standards. Does that switch have one or two internal lights on the front? Not to mention its written directions like 7&8 connect the positive pole don't coincide with the schematic that label 7&8 as for the negative battery connection.

And how are your lights connected... are they grounded and get switched power from the switch? That switch should not even need to be connected to ground (the battery's negative pole) to make your lights work. Whoever drew that schematic and wrote the instructions really didn't know what they were doing.

Haha my thoughts exactly. I disconnected the ground so the light would shut off. When I turn it on the switch light does not work but it does power the spots. That's all I need lol. As I said, I just ordered an OEM looking switch with a pig tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning group. I"m looking at adding an LED fixture to the rear of my jeep for the tail lights. I need more reverse light! I have a black 00 sport. I was the housing to remain black. What is everyone doing for more light back there? I looked into the Savvy LED. They are night but I would like to stay under $150 for the pair. Thanks!

My in-laws bought me the Quadratec replacement LED tail lights for Christmas. Installation was completely plug and play, done in about fifteen minutes.

The difference between them and the stock lights is amazing. When I stepped on the brakes I lit up the neighbor's house across the street.

Oh yeah, the Quadratec ones are identical to the ones I posted on Amazon, they just include a relay with them, as well as some fancy connectors they soldered on.

Apparently Amazon, eBay, Savvy, Quadratec and all the others, are getting these LED taillight housings from the same source (China).

Not really surprising. Each vendor just has a different way of packaging them. The Savvy ones look the best, but are also the most costly.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
I just replaced my old bayonet fitting standard bulb with a bayonet fitting LED....simple plug and play.(I do like the looks of the older rear lights though)....very bright too.
reverse lights.png

Has to be my next project for Stinger. Oh and hooking up some kind of switching mechanism for reverse light actuation for the new tranny.

Reactions: Chris
Howdy, Folks. Question for the troops, please. I have just ordered the Quadratec LED tail light kit, as mentioned above, for my 2000 TJ. I also have around here somewhere the OEM towing harness that fits into the rear wiring and provides a 4-flat connector for hooking up trailer lights. The Q kit includes a new flasher for use with LEDs.

So, to the question, what would be the result of hooking up incandescent trailer lights (say, a rented UHaul) into a tail light circuit controlled by an LED flasher. Have any of y'all tried this?

These are the ones I've been using for the past 2 years:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01774OVY2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Absolutely LOVE them. They're bright as hell, and the reverse lights are so bright that it's almost like you've got a light bar in the rear when you're in reverse.
Good call. Just installed them. Installation was a breeze. Thanks for the recommendation and advice!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
My in-laws bought me the Quadratec replacement LED tail lights for Christmas. Installation was completely plug and play, done in about fifteen minutes.

The difference between them and the stock lights is amazing. When I stepped on the brakes I lit up the neighbor's house across the street.

Installed the Quadratec LED tail lights over Christmas too. Amazing the difference they make. The headlights are even better. Whole install didn't take 45 min. Just hate that the old tail light guards wouldn't go back over them.

Reactions: Chris and Serbonze
Howdy, Folks. Question for the troops, please. I have just ordered the Quadratec LED tail light kit, as mentioned above, for my 2000 TJ. I also have around here somewhere the OEM towing harness that fits into the rear wiring and provides a 4-flat connector for hooking up trailer lights. The Q kit includes a new flasher for use with LEDs.

So, to the question, what would be the result of hooking up incandescent trailer lights (say, a rented UHaul) into a tail light circuit controlled by an LED flasher. Have any of y'all tried this?

Dang, good question.

There may not be much change, since there will still be incandescent bulbs up front. I'll report after I get the fanny LEDs installed. Will take some time, though, since there is no easy way to connect extra bulbs without doing the OEM trailer kit installation.

Dang, good question.

No chan

No change. Will work just like it is supposed to

I definitely need to order a set of these. My stock tail lights are woefully inadequate, especially with the tint on the hardtop. I can't see a thing when backing up. I practically have to stick my head out an open window to see where I'm backing...

Now my only decision is if I want to spend $97 for the Amazon version + the relay, and cut/splice wiring, or shell out the $140 for the Quadratec version, with plug-n-play, no cutting/splicing...