Lets see your best Jeep memes

1701632208701.png

Noobie question here, but why all the disdain for the Patagonias?

And that Commander nose conversion looks great!

Best I can tell, they first came out as a rather inexpensive tire with a relatively soft, grippy compound and good road manners. Many people raved about how awesome they were so they exploded in popularity and the price went up to where they weren't such a screaming deal, and they either had quality control issues or they changed the formulation so many people were unhappy with them. I've seen reports of people who were happy running early production tires but were unhappy when they got replacements.

My heep came with them and I'm fairly content with their performance except for balance/roundness. The tires are old and chunked, but there's enough tread left I haven't justified getting new ones just yet. I'm not considering getting the same thing because of quality concerns.

1701789407644.png

Pretty cool with the old school grille. Anything is better than the angry grille.

Regarding the Patagonia tires: They are awful if you wheel on rocks. A former advocate for them posted these pics of what some of the hardest California trails did to his tires in a a relatively short amount of time. If I needed tires and someone gave me a brand new set for free, I would sell them and buy something else.

FB_IMG_1650427461032.jpg

FB_IMG_1650427470333.jpg

FB_IMG_1650427477237.jpg

FB_IMG_1650427483739.jpg

Reactions: BillW
IIRC we talked about these in the Car pics thread.

For those of you not in the know.... This was a kit that you can buy for the JK.

This is from a write up done back in 2020. The link above is the manufacturer, they're not doing the JK any more, appearantly.
View attachment 480210
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/jeep-wrangler-jk-gladiator-conversion-inside-line/

Kinda weird dimensions , the Wagoneer front clip doesn't look right being narrowed to fit a JK.
I know it wont bother some folks on the Forum , but it drives be nuts to have the front wheels/tires that uncovered.

I guess I commute on snowy / muddy roads enough to know that Jeep couldn't drive 1000' before you couldn't see out any window.
Fun looking trailer queen though !

Kinda weird dimensions , the Wagoneer front clip doesn't look right being narrowed to fit a JK.
I know it wont bother some folks on the Forum , but it drives be nuts to have the front wheels/tires that uncovered.

I guess I commute on snowy / muddy roads enough to know that Jeep couldn't drive 1000' before you couldn't see out any window.
Fun looking trailer queen though !

Hell that happens to my Jeep with stockish sized tires and it's got rocker flares on it..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BillW and ColoJeep