Lets see your underhood mods

Reactions: DrDmoney
Holy HELL that’s clean!!! Love the attention paid to the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. It's not by accident and I actually do wheel my Jeep quite a lot. I just can't stand to see everything dirty. I take a lot of time to clean things up afterwards. I have convinced myself that it runs better clean. Sort of the same theory that when a Jeep is clean it rides better.

I'll start with the Dodge V-8.

IMGP0218.jpg

IMGP0219.jpg

Onboard Air filter/dryer and distribution block. Vanco Hydroboost sytem

IMG00685.jpg

ORO AiRock ECU

IMG00684.jpg

IMG00686.jpg

ARB distribution block from Power Tanks

IMG00880.jpg

IMG00881.jpg

Filter/regulators for the ARB lockers and ORO AiRock. ARB 80-90psi & AiRock 100-110PSI OBA has a 150psi shutoff switch.

IMG00278.jpg

IMG00280.jpg

Not under the hood but I have each air regulator T'd to a gauge on my dash so I can monitor them.

IMG00306.jpg

SPAL stepped fan controller

IMGP0328.jpg

York OBA w/Kilby brackets & Premier Power Welder alternator 170 amp

IMG00584.jpg

Again not in the engine bay but connected to the alternator. Premier Power Welder fit into the stock glove box area.

IMG00736.jpg

IMG00738.jpg

Double stack Mean Green battery tray

IMG00747.jpg

NW Power Products dual battery control kit.

IMG00746.jpg

I'm sure I have missed something but I also have a new engine going in with a different intake. Once I get everything redone I'll post some new pictures. I've ran out of room to put anything else under the hood.

Did I mention yet that I'm jealous?

Where did you get your pressure gauges or are they just "off the shelf?"

I'll start with the Dodge V-8.

View attachment 84723

View attachment 84724

Onboard Air filter/dryer and distribution block. Vanco Hydroboost sytem

View attachment 84725

ORO AiRock ECU

View attachment 84726

View attachment 84727

ARB distribution block from Power Tanks

View attachment 84728

View attachment 84729

Filter/regulators for the ARB lockers and ORO AiRock. ARB 80-90psi & AiRock 100-110PSI OBA has a 150psi shutoff switch.

View attachment 84730

View attachment 84731

Not under the hood but I have each air regulator T'd to a gauge on my dash so I can monitor them.

View attachment 84732

SPAL stepped fan controller

View attachment 84733

York OBA w/Kilby brackets & Premier Power Welder alternator 170 amp

View attachment 84734

Again not in the engine bay but connected to the alternator. Premier Power Welder fit into the stock glove box area.

View attachment 84735

View attachment 84736

Double stack Mean Green battery tray

View attachment 84737

NW Power Products dual battery control kit.

View attachment 84738

I'm sure I have missed something but I also have a new engine going in with a different intake. Once I get everything redone I'll post some new pictures. I've ran out of room to put anything else under the hood.
That is hard core. I thought my engine bay was tight with dual batteries and a 4.0L. You really found a way to utilize all of your space Nice Job!!

Reactions: DETOUR and Wildman
Did I mention yet that I'm jealous?

Where did you get your pressure gauges or are they just "off the shelf?"

I got the gauges that are in it right now from Kilby before he sold it. The web site now doesn't have 1/3 the items it use to. I'm going to install new ones this summer that are lighted so I can see them at night or use some small LED's to light them up.

Holy chit @Wildman....this has got to make you pretty popular out on the trail!

View attachment 84759

I've used it 2-3 times a year to repair someone's rig and only had to use it once on my own rig. Sat and ran it for 5 hours once running grinders and drills when we were building a fence to keep people out of a area. The 110V comes in handy for a lot of stuff. Some see it as over kill but I like having it.

I've used it 2-3 times a year to repair someone's rig and only had to use it once on my own rig. Sat and ran it for 5 hours once running grinders and drills when we were building a fence to keep people out of a area. The 110V comes in handy for a lot of stuff. Some see it as over kill but I like having it.
Plus you never know when you might want to microwave a burrito on the trail!

DrDMoney: It looks like you have a spare serpentine belt stuffed under the relay box. That is a good idea that I think I am going to copy.

Last edited:
DrDMoney: It looks like you have a spare serpentine belt stuffed under the relay box. That is a good idea that I think I am going to copy.
Yes indeed, it’s not a mod but it doesn’t take up any space and might come in handy.

First up is my O.B.A. system. which runs the lockers and can power an impact wrench. The Viair 380c pumps air down to the 3 gal aluminum tank mounted just behind the transfer case skid. Then the air comes back up to the manifold and regulator. Regulator is set at 90 psi for ARB's

20151004_154927.jpg

20190328_183808.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54
What radio is under your switch panel, & how do you like the location? Shifters have decent room to wiggle around?
EDIT: as I click pic to zoom in. Same cb as me lol. Guess I'd have to swap my 4wd knob to place it there then?
EDIT again: you sure have some magical stuff going on. What's up with the Ethernet port on your switch box?

Last edited:
What radio is under your switch panel, & how do you like the location? Shifters have decent room to wiggle around?
EDIT: as I click pic to zoom in. Same cb as me lol. Guess I'd have to swap my 4wd knob to place it there then?
EDIT again: you sure have some magical stuff going on. What's up with the Ethernet port on your switch box?

What radio is under your switch panel?

It's a Uniden Bearcat 980. Before the switch panel was added It sat back in the console within the sides. I removed the coin pocket or what ever it was in the front of the console. I can see the whole front of the radio in this spot before the switch panel install.

Relocated after switch panel install
In order for it to work in this new location, I installed a B&M Precision short throw shifter. Otherwise the shifter would hit it.

Those are USB ports for charging or powering anything that requires a USB port. They are switched on & off with the ignition key, but If I want to have continuous power to them and the 12V plug, there is a tiny rocker switch on the side I can turn on.

Last edited:
What radio is under your switch panel? It's a Uniden Bearcat 980. Before the switch panel was added It sat back in the console within the sides. I removed the coin pocket or what ever it was.

In order for it to work in this new location, I installed a B&M Precision short throw shifter. Otherwise the shifter would hit it.

Those are USB ports for charging or powering anything that requires a USB port. They are switched on & off with the ignition key, but If I want to have continuous powddder to them and the 12V plug, there is a tiny rocker switch on the side I can turn on.
Nostzzsdddddddddddd
What radio is under your switch panel? It's a Uniden Bearcat 980. Before the switch panel was added It sat back in the console within the sides. I removed the coin pocket or what ever it was.

Those are USB ports for charging or powering anything that requires a USB port. They are switched on & off with the ignition key, but If I want to have continuous power to them and the 12V plug, there is a tiny rocker switch on the side I can turn on.
I see the USB ports, I mean the cat 5 female plug that says. "2mic" above it

Thanks. It's not by accident and I actually do wheel my Jeep quite a lot. I just can't stand to see everything dirty. I take a lot of time to clean things up afterwards. I have convinced myself that it runs better clean. Sort of the same theory that when a Jeep is clean it rides better.

A clean Jeep is a happy Jeep!

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3