Lets see your underhood mods

Horny! X3 1A8E85C5-4DEA-49BA-BD6C-243BC77EC954.jpeg03802C6A-DEF0-42D4-B691-644ADBC0333F.jpeg
[From 2 Plymouth Furys] Found one more since these two were installed. Don’t know where the 4th one got off to.

I started by removing bracket mount from the compressor and taking the abs tray out of the jeep. Then I drilled holes and bolted the two together before putting them back on the jeep. Without the mount on the compressor its just barley small enough to fit in there but with enough swearing you can do it. Once you squeeze it in there you can just bolt the compressor back onto the mount and you're golden. Some might say its not worth the trouble, but the space was there and I was determined.

That’s exactly how I did mine. Remove the tray, drill holes, mount and put it all back in. If you loosen the screws holding the compressor together it allows parts on the compressor to swing around and move to different angles to wiggle it all in there. It was surprisingly easy. And I was all about saving room. I then ran a longer hose and I have the filter for air intake inside the cab of the Jeep. I also use mine to fill the tires and run the rear locker. I’m very happy with it. The tires do not take all that long to get from 15 to about 30.

6E160E8C-56B9-4BDB-971F-DEE7253B0C4F.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Fresh rebuilt 4.0 (that counts as a mod, right! Lol), CAI, and a retractable trouble light from an 80s Chevy truck (long enough to reach the back tires). Uses an 1157 bulb, need to order an LED replacement.

AC has not been recharged since the engine rebuild. Thinking about converting it to an air compressor.

IMG_20190908_104751287_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Fresh rebuilt 4.0 (that counts as a mod, right! Lol), CAI, and a retractable trouble light from an 80s Chevy truck (long enough to reach the back tires). Uses an 1157 bulb, need to order an LED replacement.

AC has not been recharged since the engine rebuild. Thinking about converting it to an air compressor.

View attachment 114042
The 80’s Chevy light is a cool modification.

Reactions: Airjunky

For a good bright LED bulb to go with that GM reel light, search the Bay for "Falk LED Reel Bulb"

Reactions: Airjunky
I know with some precision what the silver painted header wrap did. What would the difference be with reflective tape?

Exhaust wrap is a insulator slows heat transfer down doesnt stop it. If the piping gets hot it will take longer to dissipate the heat.
Reflective tape reflects the heat like a barrier so the piping doesnt absorb the heat.
Heat always flows to cold.

Exhaust wrap is a insulator slows heat transfer down doesnt stop it. If the piping gets hot it will take longer to dissipate the heat.
Reflective tape reflects the heat like a barrier so the piping doesnt absorb the heat.
Heat always flows to cold.

The wrap, as you see it, reduced the intake temps an additional 5°. With the insulated cowl intake and hood vents, the intake temps typically run between 5-60° above ambient.

The bigger question, is to ask what the good any of it does. Meaning, does the 4.0 respond to cooler intake temps to begin with?

Last edited:
Where did you purchase your 12 hole injectors and how do you like them?
Apparently they don't have any performance benefits. I've been told. Honestly I did the mod soon after purchasing the Jeep. It was a 2002 and 165k with original injectors. I thought it was time for new ones base on the age and mileage. It seems to run a little smoother. Looking back now I'm sure my old injectors would have lasted over 250k with no problems. Maybe the orings would have failed soon but the injectors would have been fine. My next mod will be BBK 62mm throttle body. I've read the both 62mm and 12holes will help with 5-10hp gain. That combination works well. Who knows? I'm sure its just forum gossip. Btw the injectors we're refurbished on ebay and shipped for set under $90 for all six. I'm also thinking the old snorkel mod as well. I like to hit water puddles hard and water crossing as deep as possible. It's another mod that is a big lie but I love the look.

The wrap, as you see it, reduced the intake temps an additional 5°. With the insulated cowl intake and hood vents, the intake temps typically run between 5-60° above ambient.

The bigger question, is to ask what the good any of it does. Meaning, does the 4.0 respond to cooler intake temps to begin with?
Colder air is usually more dense more oxygen more power.
Problem with the 4.0 is the intake and exhaust ports are on the same side of head which is not as effecient and the exhaust manifold heats the intake manifold.

Apparently they don't have any performance benefits. I've been told. Honestly I did the mod soon after purchasing the Jeep. It was a 2002 and 165k with original injectors. I thought it was time for new ones base on the age and mileage. It seems to run a little smoother. Looking back now I'm sure my old injectors would have lasted over 250k with no problems. Maybe the orings would have failed soon but the injectors would have been fine. My next mod will be BBK 62mm throttle body. I've read the both 62mm and 12holes will help with 5-10hp gain. That combination works well. Who knows? I'm sure its just forum gossip. Btw the injectors we're refurbished on ebay and shipped for set under $90 for all six. I'm also thinking the old snorkel mod as well. I like to hit water puddles hard and water crossing as deep as possible. It's another mod that is a big lie but I love the look.
I might try 12 hole injectors next k suspensions are $150. Should be a slight mpg gain i have a guage that monitors mpg. I wonder how hard it would be to adapt ev14 16 hole injectors.

Replaced the stock horn with a smaller louder one (in the same spot)... and then decided to add a Oo-gah horn as well.
Painted all the filler caps blue and changed my HT leads to match (not as bright as they are in the pics)
horn2.jpg
horn4.jpg

horn3.jpg