Limp mode and codes P0700, P1776, and P0740

BoMed1999

I’m pretty new to all of this Jeep related stuff and also a first time buyer, my 2006 Rubicon has been recently gone into what is called “ limp Mode “, threw codes such as P0700 , P1776 , P0740. I was recommended to switch out the Valve Body With Solenoid pack and as well torque converter solenoid circuit just to be sure on to wether do actual work on transmission. I’ve tried looking everywhere is the 2006 Rubicon a 1 late plug type or a 2 plug late type because I honestly don’t know which one it is before I order.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
First, let's get @Wranglerfix to weigh in, you may have a PCM failure. That should tag him....he will know what that is indicative of.

@Jerry Bransford uses the word "indicative", and he allows me to use words he uses (4 syllables or less) if it's on a different thread than where he used it, but only twice a week. He's very fair.

Keep us posted.

Those are the codes my 42rle equipped 2006 Sport had when my PCM failed. Wranglerfix provided a replacement PCM that has worked fine for the past year. Don’t bother with any of the other PCM companies. I tried two other companies with terrible results.

First, let's get @Wranglerfix to weigh in, you may have a PCM failure. That should tag him....he will know what that is indicative of.

Keep us posted.
I vociferously and indubitably agree with that. 😁. Talk with Mark at www.wranglerfix.com, he'll steer you straight and confirm if he believes their PCM will fix your problem or not. There's a very good chance it will.

Good morning gentlemen,

@BoMed1999 Are you Experiencing (Hendrix flashback for those who get it) any other symptoms? Hard shift when cold from 1st to 2nd is very common as well as bad o2 sensor readings.

How long ago did you purchase the Jeep?

The PCM could have been reset, which temporarily clears codes and symptoms.

As far as the codes you are getting...

0700 is a generic code saying something check the transmission. The other two codes:

P0740

Low transmission fluid level
Dirty transmission fluid
Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

P1776

Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
Low Transmission fluid

You can call me at 866-888-7710 to discuss in further detail.

Jerry-Two adjectives totaling 10 syllables in the same sentence qualifies you for the sesquipedalian award of the day! 🤓

I’ve had the
Good morning gentlemen,

@BoMed1999 Are you Experiencing (Hendrix flashback for those who get it) any other symptoms? Hard shift when cold from 1st to 2nd is very common as well as bad o2 sensor readings.

How long ago did you purchase the Jeep?

The PCM could have been reset, which temporarily clears codes and symptoms.

As far as the codes you are getting...

0700 is a generic code saying something check the transmission. The other two codes:

P0740

Low transmission fluid level
Dirty transmission fluid
Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection

P1776

Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
Low Transmission fluid

You can call me at 866-888-7710 to discuss in further detail.

Jerry-Two adjectives totaling 10 syllables in the same sentence qualifies you for the sesquipedalian award of the day! 🤓
I’ve had the Jeep for about almost 3 years, I was experiencing Hard shifts when cold from 1st to 2nd and as well as bad o2 sensor readings till I swapped them out. The transmission codes came after my battery went bad and had to swap out batteries for a new one. We tried disconnecting the battery and possibly resetting it. It cleared it temporarily but check engine light came back and when it does, it goes into a limp mode till I come into park and then put it into gear again. I’ve had issues with PCM ECU before but I believe it was just reset , I wasn’t in town when it occurred.