North Carolina List of Carolinian off-roaders

If y'all pick a Friday I might be able to join.

I consider my Jeep to be pretty much stock, so I won't do anything hard but I'd like to ride around and get to know the place again.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
I don't think I can do weekdays at this time since I'm in the middle of a huge project at work. I'll wait to see what everyone comes up with since my April is filling up fast as well.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
I looking at the calendar, I’ll have a 4 day during that Easter weekend, Fri-Mon. Otherwise it’s only weekends for me. Unless everyone can come to an agreement on a April Friday, then I can most likely take a day off.
That first weekend or 2 is going to be crazy packed as usual. I think if we all get together on a weekend in April, we can’t be rushed for time as traffic will be more than usual.

Reactions: Bargain Box
Finally got the Morryde tailgate complete. The wife said it looks like a Jeep again...I’m not so sure I like it as I rocked the spare in the tub, maybe it’ll grow on me. I really need a rear bumper. Was thinking of the dirtworx bc of price and ability to use the tow with it. Also looking at UCF alum. I wish the next venture rear bumper wasn’t so much.
Almost ready for Uwharrie!

6D552B1D-343D-4C83-AF76-AEE26338D1E0.jpeg

FA1BC149-E923-4843-A87C-CFE411F137A8.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got the Morryde tailgate complete. The wife said it looks like a Jeep again...I’m not so sure I like it as I rocked the spare in the tub, maybe it’ll grow on me. I really need a rear bumper. Was thinking of the dirtworx bc of price and ability to use the tow with it. Also looking at UCF alum. I wish the next venture rear bumper wasn’t so much.
Almost ready for Uwharrie!
Do you find your spare moving around a lot? I love mine since I put it on but I don't like that the spare seems to wobble. I have to use those weird stand offs though since I have a Spartacus tire carrier.
20220327_181154.jpg

I have the Morryde as well, 0 movement with mind.
I'm almost 100% convinced it's because of those standoff adapters. I wish I had a more flush mounted spare as well as one that doesn't require the stand offs.

I'm almost 100% convinced it's because of those standoff adapters. I wish I had a more flush mounted spare as well as one that doesn't require the stand offs.
Is there a reason yours is pushed so far out? Gotta get that tire against those rubber snubbers.

0 movement here also. I haven’t driven it but gave it the ole shake test.. passed. Lol. My wheel is a 3.75” BS and I’m using the oem carrier. I had to cut the spacers in half and it fits snugly

0DBA7111-40C5-4C77-9025-DBDC84CDBF7F.jpeg

354B137B-53F2-45E6-97E3-515A2B0C2106.jpeg

Reactions: Bargain Box
I think it’s the aftermarket tire carrier he uses.
I found an oem carrier in marketplace for 25$. It could alleviate your movement @Bargain Box
I would love that. However, Facebook won't let me verify an account without a decent amount of info including a profile picture. They locked my account for basically having an incomplete profile.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jamesval035
I would love that. However, Facebook won't let me verify an account without a decent amount of info including a profile picture. They locked my account for basically having an incomplete profile.
This is particularly infuriating since most people use Facebook marketplace now instead of craigslist.

You think it's easier to get a used OEM carrier or is there an aftermarket alternative that accomplishes the same goal for similar price?