Georgia List of north Georgia area members who like to go off-roading

All of us over here patiently waiting...

Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

It looks like we will spend Saturday working our way westward from the intersection of Hwy 19 and Wolf Pen Gap Road. We probably will not get there until 10am.

The plan is to explore the trails just north of Duncan's Ridge. There is a gnarly climb that we left for another day once. My buddy with the trailer is not going with us so if we find it and it is not gated, we will give it shot.

We will probably work our way westward and check out Charlie's Creek Crossing since my buddies haven't been over that area yet.

Don't know where we will camp Saturday. That's always the adventurous part.

I guess the best way to check on our progress is to message me and I will give you my cell number. We will only have service on the main roads so be patient.

As of right now it is my rig and two JKUs.

I really appreciate the update and invite. I have some new coil springs to put on and a Detroit Locker to put in the rear so I am not quite ready for a ride yet. But thank you again!

Its just nice to have the an announcement that someone who is organized and been doing it a while is going and willing to have others join in!

It looks like we will spend Saturday working our way westward from the intersection of Hwy 19 and Wolf Pen Gap Road. We probably will not get there until 10am.

The plan is to explore the trails just north of Duncan's Ridge. There is a gnarly climb that we left for another day once. My buddy with the trailer is not going with us so if we find it and it is not gated, we will give it shot.

We will probably work our way westward and check out Charlie's Creek Crossing since my buddies haven't been over that area yet.

Don't know where we will camp Saturday. That's always the adventurous part.

I guess the best way to check on our progress is to message me and I will give you my cell number. We will only have service on the main roads so be patient.

As of right now it is my rig and two JKUs.

Duncan Ridge rd runs into Mulky Gap Rd then Cooper's Creek.

There is a nice campground at Cooper's Creek/Mulky Gap.

There is also a nice waterfall (Sea Creek Falls) that is a short walk from the road near the campground.

IMG_1881.jpeg

Here is a capture of the map showing where Duncan Ridge runs into Mulky Gap.

The campground, recreation area, and waterfall are all very close.

Cooper Creek Campground.png

One more tidbit: If you like walking to the waterfalls, Helton Creek Falls is only minutes from Vogel State Park.

It's a very nice waterfall and is literally maybe 100 yards off the road.

I was planning on it, but today I remembered I have an appointment to be separated from a wisdom tooth on Friday afternoon.

Doubt I’ll feel like bouncing around by Saturday.

Stinks…we love doing the short waterfall hikes.

Helton Creek Falls and Sea Creek Falls are a couple of the shortest hikes, with both being less than a quarter mile.

Long Creek Falls is a bit longer at about a mile, but it is a very nice hike and a great waterfall.

Im out this weekend.. wedding anniversary.. heading to mountains.. just not the same as yall🥲

Reactions: trojandawg