Georgia List of north Georgia area members who like to go off-roading

We had a blast. Actually snowed on us as we drove Duncan's Ridge. Lot's of locked gates. It was 23* when we woke up this morning. We found a very cool campsite. I took some cool pictures of some incredible views, but my phone died this morning and I could not recover any recent pictures or videos.

Was able to recover my pictures from this weekend!

Feb 2024 1.jpg

Warm fire on a cold night. Showing off my LED light on my glass.
Feb 2024 2.jpg

Feb 2024 3.jpg

Feb 2024 4.jpg

Feb 2024 6.jpg

Cool waterfall.
Feb 2024 8.jpg

Camp dog inspecting the perimeter.
Feb 2024 faces 2.jpg

Feb 2024 faces 3.jpg

Feb 2024 faces 4.jpg

Tree art at our last campsite.

We had a blast. Actually snowed on us as we drove Duncan's Ridge. Lot's of locked gates. It was 23* when we woke up this morning. We found a very cool campsite. I took some cool pictures of some incredible views, but my phone died this morning and I could not recover any recent pictures or videos.

I think I passed y'all on skennah gap road. dont remember if it was Saturday or Sunday, just remember the blue TJ followed by 2 white ones i think they were JK's ..

According to SFWDA, Golden Mountain is planning to reopen their trails!

For those that haven't been this was the site that hosted Dixie Run for many years, but was closed several years ago after the ownership changed. It's a very large park with all types of trails.

Is it similar to Durham town?

I've not ever been to Golden Mountain. I only visited Durham Town once. Back then our group was heavy into rock crawling so we mainly hit up Morris Mountain, Choccolocco Mountain, and another one called Mountainside Off Road Park. We also hit Hale Mountain once or twice. I don't think Mountainside or Hale are still open. Hoping to hit Morris Mountain and Choccolocco this summer.

Durham Town, in the beginning, had very little for us to do. Plus it cost more. Randy used to let us wheel all weekend at Morris Mountain for $35.

I've not ever been to Golden Mountain. I only visited Durham Town once. Back then our group was heavy into rock crawling so we mainly hit up Morris Mountain, Choccolocco Mountain, and another one called Mountainside Off Road Park. We also hit Hale Mountain once or twice. I don't think Mountainside or Hale are still open. Hoping to hit Morris Mountain and Choccolocco this summer.

Durham Town, in the beginning, had very little for us to do. Plus it cost more. Randy used to let us wheel all weekend at Morris Mountain for $35.

I’ve run GM many times. Lot’s of great hard core runs. Lot’s of rocks. It would be great to see it open up again.