LJR long term "rebuild"

Special delivery from @97TJNM! Why I love this forum, people here are mostly awesome. Dude sent me some RED cast hinges and only asked that I pay it forward, which I intend to do this weekend.

Pulled off stock hinges and these early TJ hinges are the ticket! Bolt right up, with the exception of the bolt under the hinge, took me a second to figure out why the gate would not close all the way. Needs a cap head to be flat. Lucky for me the extra hardware I had from my armor is the same thread.

Tailgate on! One more crucial thing off the list!

IMG_7639.JPG

IMG_7640.JPG

Got my dc control fan controller designed to run the two speed Ford fan in the mail. Gonna install this and I’ll almost be ready to get ready to go wheeling!

5DBF5916-DFD5-4650-86C4-ADE2C4AAF8EC.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
Shake down run complete. Minimal carnage. Lost the shell off an idler pulley and threw a belt. Also has a steering hose get loose and leak out all my fluid. Easy fixes both times.

Thanks to @gasiorv for coming out and helping fix rigs and give me a ride to the parts store. He literally ran every trail and obstacle I did all weekend on 35’s. Dude is a beast. We both pulled cable one time.

Only minor issues with the build. Rear tires contact the fender flares a little at full stuff. Steering needs some adjustment, ram is flopping the hiems back and forth. Engine stayed nice and cool, everything seems to be working well together.

Few pics:

CE943482-D371-4747-8059-53FC51B2BBA1.jpeg

10B48EDC-6400-492B-9E28-02F64691C0B9.png

E37C6466-3ECD-42E9-BEB4-563B36A9BACC.jpeg

1FC99D3C-9007-4B73-B667-A7F70BF9E910.jpeg

Shake down run complete. Minimal carnage. Lost the shell off an idler pulley and threw a belt. Also has a steering hose get loose and leak out all my fluid. Easy fixes both times.

Thanks to @gasiorv for coming out and helping fix rigs and give me a ride to the parts store. He literally ran every trail and obstacle I did all weekend on 35’s. Dude is a beast. We both pulled cable one time.

Only minor issues with the build. Rear tires contact the fender flares a little at full stuff. Steering needs some adjustment, ram is flopping the hiems back and forth. Engine stayed nice and cool, everything seems to be working well together.

Few pics:

View attachment 419078

View attachment 419079

View attachment 419080

View attachment 419081

WOW that picture of it next to all the other rigs in the parking lot sure make it look HUGE.

Reactions: AMS417
WOW that picture of it next to all the other rigs in the parking lot sure make it look HUGE.

It’s the only LJ. Red TJ in front has 43” TSL, silver TJ has 37’s, @gasiorv red tj has 35’s, red TJ in front of mine had 40’s.

My tires are a lot bigger then the 43” TSL’s.

Awesome rig! And great wheeling trip! Just got home and was checking email before bed, once I get a chance to see some of the pics from my wife's phone, I will post up any good ones.

My wife thinks we need a rear sway bar. She also thinks we need a new house. Guess which one we are getting lol.

• Haha
I have been made aware that jeeps need names. I don't name stuff, my boat has been nameless since 2012.

I am thinking "Big Chief".

If you want to know why that name is significant watch this:

Sorry for the quality, its the only clip I could find.

• Haha
I have been made aware that jeeps need names. I don't name stuff, my boat has been nameless since 2012.

I am thinking "Big Chief".

If you want to know why that name is significant watch this:

Sorry for the quality, its the only clip I could find.

I've never been a fan of naming rigs either and haven't ever named any of my cars or trucks.

No need to name a jeep; unless you are going to start overlanding or handing out ducks at the mall.

Ditto....

Reactions: AMS417
I believe in wheeling like a pirate, "No Quarters". Hey, that would be a good name for a ....... (stops myself from talking anymore).

The real memorable YouTube Jeeps and other makes have names.

Mischief Maker, GRDLOC, Scorpion Crawler, Trail Reaper, Trail Mater, Morrvair…

Reactions: PNW_LJ