Look what I found today

Nicholas

TJ Enthusiast
Sooo I've had the back carpet out for a while now and the original paint is in good shape and I've checked under the driver side panel for rust and never found any. However I was curious and realized I've never looked under the passenger floor board and found a huge spot of it:( It's more of a surface rust but I'm not sure what I should do, possibly sand paper and a protectant. Any thoughts? IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180528/508ceced7d4e8d096779e5a62046c756
fadd613f0bbf8762b5b8f319e3c0e41a.jpg
.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo I've had the back carpet out for a while now and the original paint is in good shape and I've checked under the driver side panel for rust and never found any. However I was curious and realized I've never looked under the passenger floor board and found a huge spot of it:( It's more of a surface rust but I'm not sure what I should do, possibly sand paper and a protectant. Any thoughts? IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180528/508ceced7d4e8d096779e5a62046c756View attachment 42513.jpg[/IMG]

bbd3d3bfb848a143cd9d41de8a37f0e2.jpg

That’s nothing at all! Wire wheel it and paint over it. Simple as that! That is super easy to deal with!

Reactions: Nicholas
Like everyone else said wire wheel and paint. I had surface rust in the same exact spot and I used it as an excuse to bedline the interior

Dont forget the in-between step of cleaning up all that rust-dust you just wire wheeled off,quick wipe of acetone and shop towel to prevent that crap getting right back to where you just removed it

e20b95008390b47cb186ed69c4ed27a0.jpg
Also one more thing, anyone think this is something I should be worrying about? Since I got it the frames always had some rust inside, some thin flat chunks are visible from the outside, seem to be coming off but I'm not sure what I should do.