Look what I picked up

Oh damn, bud! Congrats!

And @tworley is totally right. I had a really small wedding that I thought would be really simple. Nope. There was still a ton of stuff to manage and it still cost a lot. Fortunately, my better half took the reigns for most of the planning and made it work.

Reactions: Starrs
I had a really small wedding that I thought would be really simple. Nope. There was still a ton of stuff to manage and it still cost a lot.

The one that really got me for some reason was silverware. To me a fork is a fork and a spoon is a spoon, but no.....there are different variations of silver, dimple patterns, weight, if you want silverware for salad vs main course, does it match the table cloth, and a bunch of others!

Reactions: Equilibrium31
The one that really got me for some reason was silverware. To me a fork is a fork and a spoon is a spoon, but no.....there are different variations of silver, dimple patterns, weight, if you want silverware for salad vs main course, does it match the table cloth, and a bunch of others!
Lets not forget about table cloth color, napkins, type of glassware, what color you want the rim on the plate to be, ect. Once you mention the word wedding you can see the $$ in the eyes of the person your talking to. If you had a brute it would really help bring some of the supplies to the venue. ;)

Nice man! Finding that person to spend your life with is special, don't take anything for granted. Happy for you.
Have any ideas on popping the question?

It's too small for you...you better give it to her. Congrats, you two make a great looking couple, from everything you have said about her she is a keeper! Best of luck to the both of you.

Lets not forget about table cloth color, napkins, type of glassware, what color you want the rim on the plate to be, ect. Once you mention the word wedding you can see the $$ in the eyes of the person your talking to. If you had a brute it would really help bring some of the supplies to the venue. ;)
With the crowd I run in weddings are easy. Justice of the peace at the city/county courthouse. Followed by a reception at the local VFW hall. Paper/plastic cups and paper plates, plastic silverware, a bar with a few kegs (beer only-liquor is BYO) and a buffet catered by the local wives club. DJ is usually the hardest decision. Go with cousin Tommy/Joey/Bubba or a real honest to goodness DJ. These are the funnest weddings I’ve ever been to by far!!

With the crowd I run in weddings are easy. Justice of the peace at the city/county courthouse. Followed by a reception at the local VFW hall. Paper/plastic cups and paper plates, plastic silverware, a bar with a few kegs (beer only-liquor is BYO) and a buffet catered by the local wives club. DJ is usually the hardest decision. Go with cousin Tommy/Joey/Bubba or a real honest to goodness DJ. These are the funnest weddings I’ve ever been to by far!!
far cry from the $30,000 to $50,000 mega affairs put on here.....$175+/plate is going rate at the halls...I am dreading when my daughter gets married in the next 10 years!

1. Tip number 1.. dont spend a lot on the wedding.

If that fails.. see tip 2

2. Tip number 2.. have your wedding on a Carnival Cruise... the return on dollar is awesome. They do ALL the planning, they treat you like royalty.. and your wedding turns into a 3 day cruise with friends.

Here's the kicker... whole package cost just a few grand. Tickets included. Guests can buy tickets or just attend and leave when ship sails.

No ragrets for me. I went that route.

OG2hHwW_d.jpg

You already have your head on straight your on shoulders as far as monetary planning, no worries there. I hope you don't have to wait till the 20th wedding anniversary like I did to get a lift in the garage. She got a pair of 2 Ct studs and I ordered myself the lift....although she got the better end of the deal monetarily wise. That is, until I put the TJ in there in addition the corvette and TR6 already there.

1. Tip number 1.. dont spend a lot on the wedding.

If that fails.. see tip 2

2. Tip number 2.. have your wedding on a Carnival Cruise... the return on dollar is awesome. They do ALL the planning, they treat you like royalty.. and your wedding turns into a 3 day cruise with friends.

Here's the kicker... whole package cost just a few grand. Tickets included. Guests can buy tickets or just attend and leave when ship sails.

No ragrets for me. I went that route.
Not even one letter?