Looking for Facebook Marketplace assistance

Don’t know if it’ll help you or not, there’s currently this one on Craigslist in Houston.

View attachment 199735

Awesome, thanks for looking abd sharing. I am looking for a 1994, or 1995, though possibly would consider a 1996. Different gadgets in all good of these years, with the 1994 being my first choice, or a mint 1995 VR-4 spyder.

Awesome, thanks for looking abd sharing. I am looking for a 1994, or 1995, though possibly would consider a 1996. Different gadgets in all good of these years, with the 1994 being my first choice, or a mint 1995 VR-4 spyder.
No problem.
Here’s this one.

E11BA909-784B-4BA5-A20B-349F51D2EC27.png

There is a YJ in the back ground of one of the photos...

Hey boosted - Do you of a shop called CDI in Victor? I'm looking to get a PPI on the car and this shop close to the Seller. I tried Redi Imports but the Seller took the car off the road and didn't want to drive it that far, unregistered.

I have a couple concerns so I want to get a compression test.

Thanks in advance!

Hey boosted - Do you of a shop called CDI in Victor? I'm looking to get a PPI on the car and this shop close to the Seller. I tried Redi Imports but the Seller took the car off the road and didn't want to drive it that far, unregistered.

I have a couple concerns so I want to get a compression test.

Thanks in advance
I know the guy at RedI, good people. cdi I dont know any. ill send you a pm of some shop #'s in the area that I have worked with for the past 20 years.

Reactions: skrelnik
Thanks @Chris and @boostedv6 for the help here. I made the trip to Rochester yesterday, through the snow of Syracuse, and got home last night after 12 hours of driving to a brand new....nothing. That mint condition car was not the case, that mint undercarriage that shows virtually no signs of the car ever being driven in rain had a completed rusted through exhaust system. Too many holes to even count. One of the important parts of the car, the oil pan, appeared to have a huge dent made by someone possibly driving over a curb which created a sledgehammer like dent in the bottom of the pan. That oil pan is discontinued and cannot be replaced unless you find a clean donor car. The bigger issue with this oil pan is the inside strainer must have been damaged based on its location.

What I don't know, but had to assume since I don't know enough about engines, was that 7 years ago the rear cylinder head was replaced. Now with that overheating, and the fluctuating oil pressure gauge, something was fishy so I passed.

In case there are any other 3000gt VR4 people out there, this strainer is very important, and if damaged say goodbye to your engine. The oil pan I saw had a 4-5 inch deep dent, so that strainer was 100% impacted.

1605740441684.png

Damn man, you win some, you lose some.

Don't you hate when vehicles appear to be advertised as pristine but then turn out to be anything but? I wish more people were just honest and forthright.

Damn man, you win some, you lose some.

Don't you hate when vehicles appear to be advertised as pristine but then turn out to be anything but? I wish more people were just honest and forthright.

I do, and it sucks. Just call it how it is and don't deny it. When you say the undercarriage is pristine, it should be pristine. Even one of the lower door panels was bent, I think it possibly happened when the oil pan dent occurred.

What I can say is, this forum has trained me well, I was able to find a rusted undercarriage screw that was only halfway screwed-in. Stuck my fingers in every orifice I could, found loose plastic pins all over the place.

I like to think the seller was not dishonest, and just not aware of cars, but anyone can become a actor when selling their product,

I do, and it sucks. Just call it how it is and don't deny it. When you say the undercarriage is pristine, it should be pristine. Even one of the lower door panels was bent, I think it possibly happened when the oil pan dent occurred.

What I can say is, this forum has trained me well, I was able to find a rusted undercarriage screw that was only halfway screwed-in. Stuck my fingers in every orifice I could, found loose plastic pins all over the place.

I like to think the seller was not dishonest, and just not aware of cars, but anyone can become a actor when selling their product,

Yes, in all fairness with a vehicle that low, it's not like you can just easily crawl under it like you can with our TJs and inspect. I mean crap, mine is so tall I can slide under it without jack stands or anything and get my hands and head just about anywhere.

Of course like you said, owning one of these things really trains you to pay attention to the undercarriage of a vehicle, especially if it is a low vehicle or comes from an area where they salt the roads.

I hear you. I've been involved with computers since the late 70s, ran a dial up BBS system, been involved with the Internet for decades, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah...

I will exit the Internet entirely before I'll have anything whatsoever to do with so-called "Social Media", be that facesuck, TWITter, or whatever else the flavor of the day is. Those sites have zero legitimacy in my eye, but I'll spare you the rant...
Isn't this forum just a form of social media?

That sucks, better to find now than after you bought it.

Yes, I am. That oil pan was so dented that the pick-up strainer rod has to be damaged, bent or broken. If you went for a spirited drive, and revved the engine, the oil pump would be starved leading to overheating.

This car needed a new cylinder head, camshaft and other related parts. Since Redi was not willing to look at the rear bank, they called it opening Pandora's box, there is no way anyone should buy that car without opening up the rear bank.

Of course none of this was uncovered until asking for receipts. The Seller said he thought the turbos were replaced, and told Redi that, but apparently life is a game of poker.